Alec- Chapter 8

Chapter 8- Fat Alec

Alec's POV

*Important Note* This is set back to the time Elaine was in school; so Alec hasn't gone to pick Elaine up yet.

"I j-just can't believe that sh-he's gone." I cried in despair, tears building up in my eyes as memories of my precious baby resurfaced.

"There, there," Rico said, stroking his fingers through my hair with sympathy. "It's hard to lose someone close to you... but it's okay."

"No, it's not," I whispered in pain.

"Shhh." Rico cooed, "Things will get better."

"No, they won't."

"Yes, they will. Everything will work out okay, you know why?"

"Why?" I asked, hope starting to fill me.

"'Cause you're rich. Just buy another one, asshole." Rico said, his tone hard and uncaring. Just like that, the comfort and hope he provided me was completely destroyed.

"Asshole? Me? I'm the asshole?"

"Yes." Rico clarified, nodding in agreement to my statement.

I scoffed, "I am not an asshole. Do you know how nasty assholes are, Rico?" I questioned.

Rico rolled his eyes, "I don't care how 'nasty' they are. The point is that you are an a-"

"Well, they're disgusting!" I cut him off, it's not like his opinion is important anyway, "Are you saying I'm disgusting, Rico?"

Rico shrugged, "Disgustingly rich."

"Ohhh." I quickly nodded in understanding, "That makes sense."

Rico shook his head, "Dumb ass." He muttered under his breath, so quietly that I barely caught his words.

"What was that, Rico?" I asked, already knowing the answer.

"It's nothin' you didn't already know," Rico replied nonchalantly with a shrug.

I narrowed my eyes at him, "Then what is it?"

"Nothing."

"Oh, it's something all right."

Rico shrugged, "If you're going to be so persistent about it, I'll just leave." He didn't seem to care as he stood up and grabbed his jacket, getting ready to leave.

Panic flared through me at the thought of my best friend leaving me in my time of need.

"Okay fine, Rico!" I called before he could go, "I'll drop it! Just don't go, please!!!"

Rico sighed before dropping his jacket to the floor and sitting next to me on the bed. "Alright, since you want me here so bad, what do you want to do?"

Huh, I didn't know the answer to that question.

Silence fell between us as I thought of all the possibilities, which weren't much.

I shrugged, "How about I lay in your lap and cry about my problems while you run your hand through my hair and comfort me?"

"No, I already did that. It was one of the worst experiences ever."

I groaned and silence fell between us again. Rico opened his mouth to fill the silence, but before he could speak he was interrupted by me.

However, it wasn't my voice that interrupted him. It was my stomach.

Grrooowl

"Rico, I'm-"

Rico sighed, "Let me guess, you're hungry."