Elaine- Chapter 14

Chapter 14- The Voice of an Angel

Elaine's POV

The red and blue flashes across the club made me shiver as I looked around in panic.

"We are so fucked." Someone groaned next to me, making me slowly nod in agreement.

"Everyone, put your hands up!" The authoritative voice caused me to shoot my hands to the sky in panic, fear building in my stomach.

How did this happen?

"Where are the drugs?!"

I shook my head, going over the events that led to this. I was innocently entering Club Ice, the biggest karaoke joint in town, with Alec, Luke, and Rico.

...........................................

Luke and Alec took turns dragging me through the mall, preventing the escape plan I was planning to pull.

I groaned as I came across a neon sign, the lights pulsating the words "Club Ice". I bearly had time to beg to go home before I was dragged into the club. Once I finally accepted that all my freedom was completely stripped from me, I reluctantly followed them to the counter to order drinks. I sighed and looked around, surprised to see Ian and Lexi chatting at one of the tables.

They know each other?!

Apparently, I wasn't the only one that spotted her since I suddenly heard Rico yell, "Lexi, you bitch! You said you couldn't work today!" from next to me.

They know each other?!

"Hey, Lex, why are you hanging out with the failure that will amount to nothing?" Alec chimed in.

They know each other?!

Luke's nose scrunched up, "Ew, I thought we were gonna have fun."

They know e- Wait, nevermind, I introduced them.

Lexi winced from her position at the table, looking as if she were in pain. She muttered something to Rico before standing and walking toward us, taking slow, calculating steps. Just as she was three feet from us, she suddenly took off toward the entrance, running like a bat out of hell.

"Oh, no you don't!" Rico shrieked as he suddenly took off, chasing after her. He easily caught up and jumped on top of her, knocking them both to the ground.

"I'll tell your dad that you're abusing me again!" Lexi suddenly yelled, struggling to break free.

"Stop acting like an eight-year-old!"

"No!"

"Why weren't you at work?!"

"Why aren't you at work?!"

"I asked first!"

"I asked second!"

I watched, perplexed, as they continued to scream. The club owners didn't even bat an eye, letting the violence insue.

"Do they do this often?" I ask, staring at the bloodshed before me in fear.

Alec sighed from next to me, "Yup."

"When is it going to stop?"

"I'll give in an hour," said Ian, suddenly appearing next to me.

*oNe HoUr LatEr*

"Um... they are still fighting..." I said, my eyes never leaving the sight.

"Just give it a minute," Alec said over a mouthful of sour patch kids, he had already eaten 3 bags and was still going strong.