Chapter 4

"This has gone too far!" I yelled, throwing my cup in anger. 

"Don't worry, its animal blood." Alex said,

"They didn't kill anyone."

"That's not the problem." Stephanie said,

"Although that is a relief."

"They gave me a date for me to go down to them, why can't they just let me enjoy the last couple months of my life in peace." I said, sitting down. The anger had subdued and sadness was about to overwhelm me. 

"Aidan, you're not gonna die." Selena said, sitting next to me and rubbing my back.

"Guys, you don't understand how strong that werewolf was." I said,

"And yes, he was just a werewolf, not a hybrid or anything. On top of that, he was just a beta!"

"Yeah, that guy had some weird aura around him, I don't know how to explain it. I could just sense it." Jeremy said.

"Guys, I think we might be underestimating the power of the high council. I mean, it makes sense that no one has ever been able to get out of their own execution." I said.

"Are you saying we give up?" Nadia asked,

"Cause I've been thinking that since the beginning."

"We can't give up. I don't want to die." Steven said with fear in his voice.

"I don't know what to say guys." I said,

"Believe it or not, but I'm drowning here. I don't have what it takes to be alpha. I'm not as strong as you think. Tonight, out at the game, I couldn't even stop the completely human opponents. My advice to you guys is that you run, as far as you can go. I will face the council by myself and take down as many as I can. That won't be a lot of them, seeing as how the guy at the game was probably a pawn, someone that was disposable, and I couldn't even stop him." 

"Aidan, stop. We will stay by you the entire time." Stephanie said,

"Are you forgetting that you stopped an alpha hybrid maniac."

"I wasn't the leader then. I just followed along with the plans like a loyal soldier and that's how we won." I said,

"I don't know what to do as alpha."

"Aidan, you may not have had the title of alpha, but you were basically the leader." She said,

"Remember when you lost your powers? You didn't give up. You thought of other ways to help the pack. Am I to believe that as of this moment, as the most powerful being in the world, that's when you're gonna give up?" 

"I mean, I guess you're right." I said with a small smile,

"I hadn't even paying attention when he took me down. I could definitely take him down when I'm 100% focused."

"There he is." Jeremy said.

"Don't forget that you have us okay?" Jared said,

"We followed you for a reason. Not just the power, but who you are man. We'll follow you to the depths of hell."

"I wouldn't say that if I were you. That could be our next mission." I said with a chuckle,

"All seriousness though, thanks guys. I appreciate all of you and I will do everything in my power to make sure y'all don't die. On my watch at least."

I spread my arms out, looking for a group hug. They all groaned and started walking away.

"Come on guys, this could very well be our last one." I said in a playful tone.