Chapter 18

Angel in the pic above
-------------------------------------------------------

"Aidan, if you want us to remain friend, you won't do this." Cody said as I dialed Isaac's number.

"Cody dear, stop this petty shit. I'm not gonna threaten your child's safety. I'm looking for the same safety for mine." Asher said,

"Plus, we're family."

"Cause that's stopped you in the past." Cody said.

"Fair enough." Asher responded,

"But trust me, if there's one person I care for on this earth, it's my Austin." He patted the little boys head. Austin looked up at Cody and smiled but remained clinging onto his father's leg; he was scared.

"What? His existence suddenly made you realize that human life is valuable?" Cody asked, sneering.

"He's my everything. He's all I have and I can't lose him." Asher said,

"He's the reason I've been fighting to get everything back from you."

"What, you've run out of money?" Cody asked with a chuckle. The look on Asher's face answered his question.

"You must be kidding." Cody said. Asher's face stayed the same,

"It was 50 million! How long has it been, 8 years?"

That did seem a little ridiculous. How can you spend that much money in that small amount of time.

"That's 6.25 million per year." Selena said,

"16,000 per day."

How the fuck do you spend 16,000 dollars per day on average for 8 years? Spoilt ass motherfucker.

"That's besides the point." Asher said,

"Austin, go play." He nudged Austin to go outside and the kid ran out to the pool. Alex followed after him to make sure he was safe. That guy was a magician when it came to kids. I still don't understand how he does it.

"You would be completely okay if he died?" Asher asked Cody.

"You were perfectly fine with killing my parents." Cody replied,

"Maybe you should feel some pain as well."

"Cody, that wouldn't be a smart thing to do." Jeremy said,

"Trust me, you'll regret it later."

"Shut the fuck up man." Cody replied,

"You've known me for what, two minutes, and you know what's best for me."

"I've known you a lot longer than that and I know for sure you will live with the guilt." I said.

"Some of us don't have to hide behind a shield that blocks our emotions. Some of us don't have any to begin with." He replied,

"You can thank my uncle for that."

He walked outside and grabbed Austin by the collar and brought him back into the room.