Chapter 19

Phoebe in the pic above
-------------------------------------------------------
It's been 3 weeks since Cody disappeared. I'm getting more and more worried that he had failed the challenges. There was no way they would go on for this long. If another week passed and he wasn't back, I am going to go after Angel myself. No way Cody misses the birth of his daughter.

Speaking of his daughter, we also haven't heard from Isaac and whether or not Austin was with Raven and they were both safe. I really hate being in the dark when it comes to the people I love, and right now, I can't do anything about that.

In other news, school is still shit. Our results for our mock exams came back and of course, with the compulsions I put on my teachers, your boy passed with flying colors. Somehow I still managed not to be first in our class. Selena and the Asian kids beat me to that.

Coach has been riding our asses for the past couple of weeks because the World Championships start in a less than a month. Practice every day of the week except Sunday.

During the school week, we have workouts from 5-7, then school until 3:30. At 4, we go to the field until 6. Then dinner and back in the weight room for evening workout until 8:30.

On Saturday, its workout from 6-9, then to the field until 12. Lunch, then back out to the field for another 2 hours. Then we go to the meeting room and watch other teams games from 3-4. Then nap time until 6. Then evening workout until 8:30. We basically have no life outside of school and football, which makes it a relief that nothing major has been going on.

Something excited is happening though. Prom is soon! Our whole grade is buzzing with the excitement. Something you should know about our prom, is that it's the same day as graduation. I know, weird as shit, but that's how it's been for the longest time. Our graduation is June 3rd, in the morning, and prom is that evening, and then an after party where shit goes down.

You might be wondering why everyone is excited as fuck right now, in March, if prom is in June. Let me tell you why. We have our final exams coming up in the beginning of May, so from now until the end of 3rd week of April is when people really have the time to plan promposals. Promposals here are a huge thing, might I add. If you fuck up on yours, or its not good, you end up being the laughing stock of the school and you don't get a date to the dance. With that being said, it needs to be spectacular and personal for the girl. This is where I get a problem. I don't know who I want to ask so how can I make it personal?

I promise I'm not retarded guys. I know I should ask Stephanie, seeing as how she's the love of my life, but y'all know how it is between us. I can't do that. So, sadly,  I have to look for someone else. There's also the option of going by yourself, but I'm not that sad. I am the captain of the football team, so finding someone shouldn't be too hard.

~~~~~~~~

For the next week, I walked around school with the main purpose of figuring out who I would go with. The thing about Mapplewoods Heights is that they have an abundant supply of beautiful girls. This made things harder for me.

On the 15th, as I was about to take my daily nap in Economics, a girl called Catherine came and sat next to me. She was really cute. She had long dark brown hair and was from Vietnam. More importantly, she had a super cute friend called Phoebe. We talked for a bit and the subject of prom came up as it often would around this time of year.

"So, who are you planning to go with?" She asked.

"I don't know yet." I replied,

"No one has really caught my eye."

"Ouch." She said, holding her chest. I laughed as a reply.

"Don't get me wrong. I just haven't figured it out. I want someone I can be comfortable around and we know each other." I said,