Chapter 21

Eric Gregory in the pic above
-------------------------------------------------------
I woke up the following day to a notification on my phone. The next match-ups were up on the app.

Group 1:
1. Pretoria International School - 15
2. West Campus High School - 13
3. Carroll High School - 11
4. Liberal International - 7
5. Mapplewood Heights - 7
6. Central Union High School - 2

Group 2:
1. South High School - 27
2. Manheim Township High School - 22
3. Granite Bay High School - 14
4. Joan D'arc International - 3

Group 3:
1. Walton Prep School - 32
2. Brookwoods Academy - 25
3. Dubeau Academy - 15

Group 4:
1. Ironwood Military Academy - 27
2. James Logan International School - 7
3. Maryvale Academy - 4

Week 2
Friday:
1. Pretoria International vs. Dubeau @ 2
2. West Campus vs. Brookwoods @ 2
3. Carroll High vs. Walton Prep @ 4
4. Liberal vs. Maryvale @ 4

Saturday:
1. Maplewood vs. James Logan @ 3
2. Central Union vs. Ironwood @ 3
3. South High vs. Joan D'arc @ 5
4. Manheim Township vs. Granite Bay @ 5

I wasn't too worried about our next game. If we could beat Katy High, we would definitely beat James Logan.

I got out of bed and ready for the day. Workout, swimming, practice, nap, dinner then go out with the pack for the night. I was getting bored of the routine but we always hit a new place when we went out and it was always fun; Irish people were lit.

That night, after dinner, the pack and I went to look for a new place to get blitzed out drunk. We walked around the town center for half an hour and finally got a cab and asked him for cool places.

"There's Connelly's Club 5 minutes from here." He replied to our inquisitions.

"Connelly, as in Football Connelly?" I asked.

"Yeah! He's royalty around these parts." The cab driver replied.

"Take us there."

We got to the club and there was a long line of people. We made our way to the front and I compelled the bouncer to let us in. We got in and it was amazing. A lot of people, loud music, strippers, flashing lights. The whole works of a club. We made our way to the bar and ordered Crish. I had no practice or games tomorrow so I was gonna get blackout drunk.

As we were waiting for our drinks, I looked around the place. There was a balcony that I hadn't noticed when we entered. Kind of like an observation deck. Sitting in two chairs, overlooking the whole club like kings, were Mr. Connelly and Mr. Rock. Standing on either side of them were two large men. I recognized one from the first time we went out. He's the one that I had challenged to a drink off; the werewolf.

"Guys, check it out." I said, pointing towards the observation deck.

"The werewolf works for Mr. Connelly?" Jared asked,

"That's not good for us."

"What if he sees us and recognizes us?" Selena asked, fear in her voice. I guess it hadn't occurred to her that she was far more stronger than he was.

"Don't worry Selena, what are the odds that he notices us out of everyone here?" I asked.

"He can smell us out. We do have a significantly different scent than everyone here." She replied.

"Stop overthinking things and have a drink." I said. Our drinks had arrived and raised my glass to the others. I had asked for a beer glass and filled it with Crish, which was supposed to be taken as shots, for humans that is.