[05] Charms Lesson

CHARMS LESSON

When it rains, it pours..

***

AZA'S POINT OF VIEW

"..And finally, this is your Standard Charms class."

I struggled to memorize everything Madam Viola had said. This was really frustrating! We've been strolling around the castle all morning but I think I wouldn't be able to familiarize  any of the classrooms she's shown me! So far, nothing bad happened to me. Well, if you exempted the guarded looks and questioning expressions the other students showered me with. But it's really not that bad.

"I know this is all too much to absorb in a day. You'll eventually get used to this, Aza.. I promise."

I lifted my gaze and saw Madam Viola Maxines' assuring smile. That made me feel a surge of comfort. She then cleared her throat,

"I must be going, now. You're having your first classes with Beau."

And then, she vanished in thin air with just a snap of her fingers. I was left gaping until someone spoke behind me.

"Wicked little witch, isn't she?"

I spun around and saw that blonde boy from last night. My eyes sharpened and I instinctly wrapped my fingers around my wand. His gaze drifted to my hand and I can almost make out that sarcastic smirk he displayed.

"I wouldn't do that if I were you, Sterlings."

"How do you know my name?" I frowned. This boy is really getting on my nerves!

He shrugged. "People talk about you. You're the Prophet's niece. It's a shame you seem to not inherit your aunt's skills and power."

What? Prophet? My mind went haywire with what he said. And I guess he took that as an advantage to close the gap between us. I sucked in my breath when I felt his hand slither around my waist. I felt the blood rush to my cheeks when his hot breath fanned the side of my face.

"Guiccipresendo."

Something in my robe's pocket flickered. In an instant, the guy bumped my shoulders and walked away laughing. My eyebrows furrowed. What the heck was that? I shook my head and entered the classroom.

The place looked like any other normal classroom.. Well, except for the fact that it was ten times bigger and there wasn't a blackboard. Instead, piles of old-looking, dusty books where displayed as if they where part of the interior design.

"Aza!"

I turned turned to the voice and saw a familiar mop of grizzy hair. His dark green eyes were boring into mine, a friendly soul that seems to intimidate me with a blazing stare. I walked towards Beau and tried to ignore the nasty stares my other classmates were giving me. What in the world is their problem?!

"Beau," I acknowledged as I sat down beside him.

Beau smiled at me when he noticed me neatly arranging my parchments and quill in front of me. "Do you really need to do that?" I furrowed my eyebrows. "Do what?"

He shrugged, "Be so ignorant."

And that washed the smile off my lips. Seriously, is it a crime to be ignorant with everything in MidWorld? Stubbornly, I crossed my arms and retorted, "I don't know what you're talking about. By the way, I appreciate the starter." Sarcasm can be heard in my voice.

"Greetings!"

An in just a second, every student rushed about and slumped down on their designated seats. It was a good thing we were sitting at the back of class. The man who spoke, who I really think is our Charms teacher, scanned the room and grinned when he met my eyes.