[34] The Prophecy

Deep within the forest shadows, several men cloaked in black bravely made their way towards an elegant golden gate that separated the wilderness from pure darkness. One of them shifted uncomfortably, "Is it just me or atmosphere here's getting heavier every time we report to him?"

The other man sneered and ignored his companion. The last thing he needed was a friendly reminder of what dangers awaited them. After muttering the incantation, the rogues took the lone road that led them up to a dark mansion. It's exterior shone under the moonlight of the twin moons, towering over the trees.

Footsteps reverberated within it's walls as a man raised his head up from the book he's reading. He lazily eyed the two low-class wizards that hurriedly bowed their heads. Blood red eyes studied them in silence. At last, the younger male stood up and spoke, "Late as always, I see."

The two wizards paled.

A murderous laugh echoed.

"Just kidding. Now, have you found her?"

They shook their heads and grunted a few explanations that fell on deaf ears.

The mysterious man smiled. "No matter. It'll all be too late before that girl interferes with our plans. Tell the other rogues that the Black League will reestablish within a week's time."

At what he said, the wizards shook in fear. One was about to give his remarks when a bolt of lightning struck him before he could even open his mouth. His companion witnessed his body go limp and fell on the carpeted floor, lifeless.

A dark smirk graced the evil man's lips. "Let that be a reminder that no soul should dare go against Alistair Austrice."

*

Aza Sterlings thought that her story would end the moment she went beyond those walls. But to her surprise, it didn't..

"Aza, are you listening to me?"

The dark haired girl averted her gaze from the window, only to meet striking golden eyes staring back at her. The woman in front of her wore sophisticated clothes and had her long  brown hair in a braid. She's Princess Lysia and she was only a year older than Aza.

"Yup. Don't worry, I heard every word you said." She assured and yawned.

Lysia cocked an eyebrow. "Really now? Then can you tell me who invented the first wand to come from a mermaid's hair?"

Aza gulped. I should've just snuck out of the room when I had the chance, the witch thought. She sheepishly scratched her head and was about to apologize to the royalty when a familiar voice rang inside her head.

"Sir Elbert Walkingstick."

"Sir Elbert Walkingstick." She said. Lysia, on the other hand, sighed and shook her head. "Correct. Anyway, let's move on to the History of Trolls..." Aza groaned. Listening to troll history is the last thing she wanted to do for today.

And as if on cue, someone barged into the study room and flashed the two girls a charming smile. His golden eyes shone like the sun. "Hello there lovely maidens. Might I join in?" He then slumped on a seat next to Aza and grinned like a Chesire cat.

Lysia visibly rolled her eyes. "Making a move on Aza, again, brother?"

The prince laughed. "I see no reason not to. Besides, I think Aza's looking a little pale. She needs some fresh air. A walk perhaps?--"

The woman eyed her brother suspiciously, "Oh, no you don't--!"

"--so we'll see you later, Lysia. Bye!"