CHAPTER 15.

I kept a watchful eye for Caleb as we walked from the pool and through the hallway. I adjusted Jo in my arms, waiting for Joel to open the door. You couldn't even begin to imagine the relief I got when I walked inside. I laid Jo on the bed and began cleaning him up before watching Joel tidy up Lani. He laid her on a pillow immediately after which woke her up. "Sorry for waking you, princess—it's ok you can go back to sleep," Joel whispered, kissing her forehead. Lani pulled Joel's head on the pillow beside her and soon fell asleep again.

He got up when he was sure she was knocked out. He looked at me, smirking. I smiled, rolling my eyes. "I'm going to take a quick shower, can you listen for Mina please." He said.

"Why don't you wait until you go to your room to shower??"

"When I get to my room all I want to do is get naked and go to sleep, it doesn't make sense for me to wait when there are m a functioning shower....in there." He said, pointing at the bathroom door. "Relax, I'm not trying to seduce you of anything." He said jokingly as he walked into the bathroom and closed the door behind himself.

I shook my head and laid behind Jo. I brushed his hair off his face then rolled onto my back, staring up at the ceiling. And soon I fell asleep...

I was dreaming about me being on the beach on a very hot day. I was chilling on a lounge chair when Brandon emerged from the watch. I sprung out of the chair and fell into the sand when my knee buckled under my weight. I got up and ran, screaming and soon falling again. It was then I realized I was pregnant and bleeding. I cried out. Not again, please not again. He grabbed my legs pulling me towards the water. I was too in shock to fight back as I stared at the blood on my hands. I didn't even acknowledge the fact that the rocks were cutting into me. I cupped my belly, crying, my head was the only thing above water. He took two steps and I was completely submerged under water...

"Aubrey." I jumped out of my sleep and wrapped my arms around him, hyperventilating. He was talking to me but I couldn't make out a word over my heart beating in my heart. I fought back tears as I held him tighter, forcing myself to not feel my stomach. You're not pregnant, I chanted. "Bad dream?" He asked, I nodded. "It's ok, I got you." That struck something within me and before I knew it I had pulled away and kissed him. He looked sad as he pulled away.

"I hope you don't think this is another dream, Aubrey." He said to my surprise. "It's fucking frustrating."

"What do you mean?" I asked, my voice sounded shaky.

"You came to my room drunk and told me to get out of my own room—"

I held my head in my hands with widened eyes. Oh shit. "That was real?!" I shout whispered. He laughed, nodding.

"Very much real." He said. "You were so drunk." I groaned.

"I hope that I didn't say anything embarrassing," I said, wanting the earth to swallow me whole.

"Not really—well, you called me an asshole repeatedly....that's not new and that I smell like well.....me." He began. "And that you miss me." He said looking into my eyes.

"Well, you already know I do."

"Now—that was the highlight of my night...you telling me that." He said. "I mean despite what I said to you....it was nice to know that." We fell into silence, had his hands found my face, pulling me towards him. I straddled just his lap and he gave me a look that broke my heart.

"The highlight of mine was knowing you don't hate me."

"It would take a lot for me to hate you." He whispered. "I want you so bad it hurts." I squeezed my eyes closed and rest my forehead against his. Same. The fucking same.