CHAPTER 11.

"Daddy's home." He said.

"Daddy!" Lani and Jo screamed, running towards him. My legs gave out beneath me as the air was knocked out of my lungs, Caleb caught me before I fell. I clenched Caleb's arms in utter shock. He's alive. I was trembling uncontrollably. Everything around me became a blur as my gaze rose from his bow-legged stance to his thick mane of dirty blonde curls with dark wavy ends. His smile brought tears to my eyes and even more so when he got on his knees to hug his kids. He looked relieved as he pulled away to kiss their heads.

"Joel?" Adina said, her voice cracking. He looked up when she ran towards him, he stood up and hugged her tight. Adina's sobs filled the room as he lifts her off the ground. His brother quickly flocked around him when Joel set her back down, a tear rolling down his cheek. Adina wiped them away and said something that made him laugh. Jo pulled on his jeans until Joel picked him up.

Caleb helped me down onto my chair. I could feel eyes on me. I looked up and saw Beth and Joelle staring at me with unreadable expressions on their faces. Joelle gestured me to go to Joel with his eyes and I glanced at Caleb then back to him. Joelle mouthed 'go'.

"Aubrey?" Caleb said. I looked at his face hesitantly. His eyes weren't on me, they were locked on Joel. "That's him, isn't it?"

I nodded. "Yes."

He finally met my gaze. "What are you feeling right now?" He asked. His eyes were burning through my soul.

"I-I-I...I don't know. I'm overwhelmed.....I'm just glad....he's alive."

He looked away. "You should go to him, I'm sure you want to know what happened to him." He said.

I nodded. "I do." I sound a little too desperate for my liking.

"Go." He said. I turned my attention back to the crowd ahead of us. I stood up slowly, trying my best not to run to him. I almost tripped over my feet when Joelle caught me. He wrapped his arm around my waist and walked closer to the crowd, and each step we took made my heart boomed in my ear loud. Joelle and I stood behind the crowd.

"Stop crying." He whispered into my ear. "Joel's gonna tease you if he sees snot running out of your ear." I laughed.

I wiped my face. "I'm not ready for his teasing just yet," I said. He gave me a sad smile.

"Do you need to build your nerve?" He asked. I nodded. He gave me a half hug. "Ok, stay behind me." He took my hand and lead me through the crowd.

I smiled when I heard Adina cursing. "Yes, I know mom, jeez, I said it won't happen again." He said. His voice gave me goosebumps. I shifted a bit from behind Joelle to see him. He was smiling nervously down at Adina, he rubbed his arm with an apologetic look on his face as Adina continued scolding him, waving her index finger around. I couldn't get over how fine and unkempt he looks. His hair is a lot longer and almost touching his shoulders. He grew out his bread as well. Damn. He's wearing a red t-shirt that was a little too small for him and showed off his muscles. He looked slimmer than usual but ripped beyond belief. All I could think about was making sure he was ok then ripping his clothes off even though I know I shouldn't be thinking of that. Joel sat Jo on his shoulders.

"You bet your sorry ass it won't!" Adina yelled.

"Big brother!" Joey yelled, jumping on Joel.

"Mine!" Jo screamed, reaching down to hit Joey's head. Joel just chuckled and pushed Joey off of him.

"That's my good boy," Joel said, kissing Jo's palms. Joseph walked in and stood beside Joel. Joel looked at him then handed
Jo to him. Joseph's tired face looked more relaxed and happy.