CHAPTER 10.

Ps: Jodie up above. Troian Bellisario

----------

I woke up to the sound of Lani giggling. I sat up and smiled when I saw Caleb on his back lifting Lani in the air with his feet. Jo sat on the couch, watching. I got up and he looked at me with those big eyes then crawled towards me, reaching for me moments after. I took him into my arms and kissed his forehead. "Morning," I said. Lani and Caleb looked at me, smiling.

"Morning," Caleb said, helping Lani down. She rushed over and hugged my legs.

"Aubrey?" Lani said.

"Yes," I answered, stroking her hair and smiling down at her. She gestured to me to come closer. I bent down, she cupped her hands around my ear.

"Does he own McDonald's?" She whispered.

"Why do you ask that?"

"His last name is McDonald's so I think he owns McDonald's. Is he going to build a McDonald's on the boat? Can he build it in here?" She asked, I smiled.

"No sweetie, his last name is McDonald there's no 's' and he doesn't own McDonald's." I corrected. She frowned at Caleb, who just stood up and is walking towards us.

"Morning." He said, pecking my lips.

"No!" Jo screamed, while Lani squeezed herself between us and she molded herself into my side, still frowning at Caleb. Her reaction shocked me yet made me sad at how much she reminded me of Joel. And now that I'm thinking about this I don't think Caleb being around is going to be a good thing especially since they're too young to understand.

Caleb gave me a questionable look. "They don't know that their father and I are over." I mouthed, sadly. "I'm going to freshen up then we all can get something to eat," I said aloud.

"Their uncle that dropped Jolan off brought their luggage with him," Caleb said, pointing to the suitcases in the closet.

"Ok thanks for telling me," I told him. "Bath time!" I announced. Lani grinned and went into her backpack for a purple toothbrush.

"Look what grandma got me!" She said waving her toothbrush around.

"That's so pretty." I cooed. She grinned at me. I gasped when Jo patted me on the shoulder to get my attention, I looked at him and he pointed at his bag with a big yawn.  "Lani, can you get Jo's bag for me?"

Lani nodded and got it. She handed it to me then pulled me into the bathroom after a quick glance at Caleb. I looked at him and saw him staring at us with an unreadable expression on his face. Lani closed the door and locked it after me. I stared at her wondering what's going on in her head. Is she keeping Caleb away from me because she doesn't want anyone other than Joel being affectionate towards me or is she doing it just because she felt like she needs to? Whatever the reason why it, it made me happy to know that she cares that much. I cupped her face and gave her a long kiss on her forehead. I pulled away with a small smile, I stared down at her blushing face. I laughed when Jo pulled my face towards him, pressing his forehead against my lips. Lani hugged me, whispering 'please don't leave us again. It broke my heart in two. I cradled her face against me as tears rolled down my cheek. "Never again," I whispered.

-

We were all on our way to the dining hall a half-hour later. I had Jo on my hip and Lani ahead of us. "She's like your bodyguard," Caleb whispered into my ear. I smiled. Just like her father.

"Yeah," I said.

"I had no idea you were so good with children." He said.

"I'm not that great but I'm trying."