CHAPTER 7.

The next morning, Caleb and I sat at our table after eating breakfast. My mind shifted to the dream I had the tonight. That Joel showed up at our room and proposed right in front of Caleb—I screamed yes. No hesitation. Caleb touched my knee, pulling me out of thought. I smiled at him. "I'm full." I said.

"Me too. What you want to do today?" He asked. I shrugged.

"The rehearsal dinner is tonight so I guess....find the bridal party."

"Do you know what floor they'd be on?" He asked. I shook my head just as a blonde haired woman passed by and I had to double-take. I gasped, jumping up and hobbled over to the fruit line. "Beth!" I said, in shock.

"Aubrey?" She said, swinging her head towards me. I pulled her into my arms, hugging her.

She giggled, hugging me back. "About damn time you got." She said. We laughed.

"I missed you."

"I missed you too, Bre." She said. We pulled away and smiled at each other. Her hair is long enough to sit on her shoulders, in big curls.

"You look amazing and I love your hair." I mused. I love her yellow dress with butterflies on the hem on her.

"Oh stop," she said, "but please do say more." She said, running her fingers through her hair. I grabbed her hand with my jaw dropped. The ring is simple but gorgeous, a medium sized diamond with sliver band. I smiled down at it.

"I'm so happy for you." I said.

"Thanks." She said. "How are you holding up?"  She asked, sadly. I shrugged.

"Barely." I said, under my breath. "You?" I asked.

"As much as I can't stand him, I miss him.....which says a lot." She began. "His disappearance as affecting the Pereiras a lot more than I thought it would—I'm not saying that as though I thought they didn't care about him.....it's just how momma bear mode they all get, especially Joelle and Joseph. Joelle tries to hide it but I can see the pain in his eyes. He almost canceled the wedding." I hugged myself. I can't even imagine what they must be going through.

"I hope they find him." I whispered.

"Me too." She said sadly, pulling me into another hug.  We pulled away. Her eyes suddenly widened, she peered over my shoulder. "Whoaa....there's a redheaded hottie standing in behind you." She leaned in, to whisper those words. Who? Caleb? I looked over my shoulder at him.

"That's—"

"Hey!" Beth said, pushing me out of the way. I struggled to regain my balance. Yeah, sure toss me aside like I'm nothing, Beth. "I'm Bethany, the bride. Um....do you strip by any chance?" She asked, bluntly. Twirling her hair around her finger. My jaw dropped.

Caleb laughed, nervously. "No....I-I-I don't."

"What! Really? Tsk. That's a shame—you have a perfect body for it. I know I'd pay good money to see you." Caleb looked at me, his eyes screamed 'help me'. Beth looked between us. "Do you know each other?"

"Yes....I'm Caleb, Aubrey's boyfriend." He replied. Beth smile faded. She looked at me with an unreadable expression.

"Boyfriend?" She asked, in disbelief. I nodded. "When-when did you guys started dating?"

"A month ago," I answered.

"Oh, that's...great." Beth said, staring at me. Her eyes demanding an explanation. "A mouth ago!" She mouthed.

"B, there you are. Jodie said the flowers are here—" Joelle trailed off. He paused and stared at Caleb. His eyes narrowed. Is jealousy is generic trait in the Pereiras? Beth nudged his side and gestured to me. His eyes shifted to me and a big smile grew across his face. "Aubrey!" He said, pulling me into a tight hug. "It's good to see you." He whispered, into my hair. Joelle has gain a bit of weight. Maybe twenty pounds.