CHAPTER 6.

Adina Up above 😍 Jennifer Aniston
-------

The next day, I took the first flight to New York. I got out of my taxi with a heavy heart. I stood on the curb across the street of the Anarch Plaza, gazing upon the glassed building with tears in my eyes. I'm beyond happy to be back but devastated by the reason way. I walked across the pedestrian crossing then up the concrete steps. My heart rate increasing every step I took.

A man dressed in a black suit and black and gold tie opened the door me. "Good evening Miss, and welcome to Anarch Plaza."  He said.

I forced a smile. "Evening." I said as I walked inside.  The lobby had a few people wondering around. The lobby is white-walled, high gypsum ceiling, and polished limestone floors. Leading to the receptionist table were potted fern-like crystals that were almost as tall as the ceiling. The reception desk was is black with gold legs and so was the stool. There were four sets of evenly spaced four black wing chairs and a black with gold legs drink, a table between them to the left. The elevator was between the two seats on the right.

I matched over to the elevator. I pressed the button and waited for it. It came a minute later. As expected Joel's floor was locked. I took my card on of my bag. Yeah I still had it. Joel hadn't asked for it so I kept it. Lucky for me it still works. I stubbled into the living, biting my lip to hold back a sob.

Nothing had changed except for the pit being  covered up by a white sheet. My eyes shifted to upstairs. It was like it was beckoning me to climb them. I'm not sure it my ready to go but I need to. My quivering legs moved on there own. When I got to his bedroom door, I took a deep breath before going in. I bite my lip and a tear ran down my cheek. Everything was the same as I left it four months ago, the same navy sheets and everything. I let my bag fall to the ground when I looked towards the opened closet. Slowly, I walked inside. I screamed. I collapsed to my knees when I saw Joel packing his suits into boxes. He jumped and his head swung around to look at me. He dropped his suit and collapsed on his knees in front of me. He was dressed in cargo shorts and a dirty white shirt. His beard was long and unkempt. He pulled me into his arms.

He held me tighter I burst into a sobbing fit. "I thought you were missing." I wailed, pulling away to punch his shoulder. He hissed in pain.

"Did I worry you?" He asked, wiping away my tears. I nodded. He cupped my face.

He gave me a sad look. "I'm sorry." He said.

"What happened to you?" I asked.

"I'll tell you later." He said. "Right now.....I'm horny as fuck." I laughed.

"Somethings don't change, do they?"  I asked.  He shook his head.

"Me? Never." He replied, smirking. I pulled on his shirt and he took the hint. He kissed me as soon as he tossed his shirt aside. I moaned, cupping his face. He cupped my ass. "I missed this." He whispered, against my neck.

"Joel." I moaned. I definitely missed this. He took my lips again. I went on my tiptoes. He gently eased me onto the floor.  I helped him pull down his shorts and boxers. He pushed me back and ripped a hole into the crotch of my black stain leggings. I gasped. He bites his lip, trying to hide his smile. I smiled to but it soon disappeared.

"Joel?"

"Yes." He answered, looking into my eyes. Smiling now.

"Why did you let me leave?" I asked, I watch the smile disappear from his face. He was silent. He ran his hand through his hair. "Did you not care—"

"Of course...I did." He cuts me off.

"Then why?" I asked, sitting up. "I didn't want to go....at not without you with me."

"Because I had to." He replied. I frowned.

With tears burning my eyes, I asked. "Why?"

"Because I'm dying." He replied, dryly. I blinked at him. Soon blood started to pool out of his eyes. A gash blossomed on his left temple. His bottom lip bloody. Blood stained his left sleeve. He cried out as his leg twisted and his femur burst out of his skin. I screamed in horror.

"Joel!" I screamed. I pulled off my blouse to wrap it around his leg. I could barely see through the tears in my eyes. He hissed. "Help me." He cried.

"I'm trying!" I sobbed. He grabbed my arm.

"Help me!" He yelled in my face. His front teeth were missing and—

"Aubrey?" I sat up. My heart racing, my body shaking. Image of Joel's bloody body burst through my skull. My chest was tight and whined, unable to breathe. "Aubrey!" I jumped and looked up at Nana. She stood at the doorway with a worried expression on her face. Damn, I must have fallen asleep. "What are you going to do out here? Are you ok?" She asked.

I nodded, frantically. "Yes." My voice was softly and shaky. "It's nothing. Just enjoying nature." I lied. She brows shot up, and she looked at me as if I was crazy.

"Ok but in a barn, lass?" She questioned. I smiled at shrugged.

"Nature is nature." She walked over and sat down in front of me.

"Why don't you come inside the house  and tell ole nana what's really going on," she said, reaching down to help me up. I was about to say my book until she says, "and don't bother telling me that it's about your book, I'm no dunderhead!" I sighed.

I told about Joel being missing on our walk to the house. I excluded a few details like the fact that we dated and the dream I had. She gave my hand a firm squeeze. "I will keep your friend in my prayers." She said, with a smile. I smiled back but it wasn't a happy  one.

-

I did ended up getting the ticket but it was for two. Caleb and I arrived in Miami early the next morning. To honest I could care least who I came with but I'm just happy to be on American soil again. I'm surprised they're even still going through with the wedding with everything that's going on. They're confident they'd find him in time for the wedding, I guess. If that's that's the case....I hope they're successful because if tomorrow passes and there's no Joel—I'm going to loss it.

I sheltered my eyes beneath my palm as  I gazed up a the ship. Royal Caribbean: Harmony of the Sea. This will be my first time on a cruise ship. I sighed. "Ready?" Caleb asked. I nodded.

-

Once on the ship, my jaw dropped to the ground. It was beautiful. It was like a fucking dream. "Someone pinch me." I mumbled. I yelped when Caleb actually pinch my shoulder. "Caleb!" I yelled, swatting him.

He chuckled. "You said someone pinch you, so I did." I rolled my eyes, smiling. "Come on  let's go to the room."

-

Our room was gorgeous. White walls and grey carpeting. Grey two sofas and one couch, wooden coffee table all by the window. The bed was king-sized with green and white sheets. I rolled my suitcase into the closet. I jumped on the bed. So soft. I groaned. Yassssss. I wish life was this soft. "You want to head to the bar?" Caleb asked.

I shook my head. I haven't gotten any sleep and I'm taking this chance while my eyes feel heavy. "I get want to stay in this bed and relax." I replied. He kicked off his shoes then laid beside me. I laid my head on his chest with a sigh. He wrapped his arms around me. He stroked my hair.

"I love you, Aubrey." He said. I already dozed off.