CHAPTER 14.

I woke up the next morning and went to the bathroom immediately as I was taking off my dress from the wedding, a smell caught my attention. It's not just from my clothes but my entire body smells like Joel. I frowned. Maybe it's because we spent most of the wedding next to each other? I don't know but whatever. I took a shower and threw on a red romper and went out for breakfast. Normally I'd wake up Caleb for breakfast but he could starve for all I care.

The more I thought of him the angrier I got. How dare he! The only reason nothing is happening between Joel and I is because of him. I'm sure of it! Even though I love Joel with every fiber of my being is not going to cheat on you dumbass. "Hey." Someone says. I jumped and looked behind me. It's Joel. He cut his hair low enough for me to see a small scar on the left side of his head.

"Hi," I said, shyly. We stared at each other for a while, awkwardly.

"Um..." he started, "I'd like to say sorry for a few nights ago, the night I got on the boat to be exact." I  shook my head.

"No I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought Caleb with me—"

"Yeah, you shouldn't have—that was very fucked up." He emphasized. I nodded, sighing.

"I know and I regret it."

That made him smile though he was trying not to. I narrowed my eyes at him. "Well, as long as you realize you're mistake—we're good." He said, smirking. I stared at him in awe. Really? Thank you.  He handed me a plate.

"Thank you," I said. He just smiled and we walked to the bread line.

"You still like your croissants with marmalade right?" He asked, pulling two on my plate. I nodded. He ended up just taking my plate putting everything I like to eat on it while I just followed him around in shock. After we walked to a table the furthest from the door, in a corner, and sat down.

"I can't believe you remembered all this," I said, in shock. He smiled, pulling out his phone to send a quick text then he puts his phone down and looked at me.

"How could I forget?" He questioned, picking up his knife and fork then began eating.

I shrugged. "I guess I thought you'd want nothing to do with me, I guess," I said.

He raised a brow at me. "Why? It's not like we ended things on a sour note."

"Well, you didn't call so—"

"Either did you." He pointed out. "No; hey, I landed ok. Nothing."

I scoffed. "Why didn't you call to check on me?" I hissed.

"Granted I could have.... but I wanted to all the time but I also wanted to know if you'd still want me in your life and you didn't show me you wanted me there. You didn't call nor text once—"

"You're the one that let me leave—"

"I have children, Aubrey. Children with a woman that'll take them from me at any given moment. I couldn't just pack my bags and head off to London with you." He pointed out. "And I didn't want to stop you from going because I wanted your dream come true, a had to force myself to not drag you off that damn plane and take you home. If things were different...I'd follow you everywhere."

I sat there listening, feeling so stupid with tears burning my eyes. It was selfish of me to want to take him for them. I ran my hands through my hair. "I felt stupid for not even considering them—but if you had told me this before I'd tell you to bring them with us," I said.

"Gean would've probably sued me the moment I just take them like that but knowing what I know now—her suing me wouldn't have been such a bad thing." He said, sighing. "But it's nice to know that you would haven't taken Jo and Lani in...if I hadn't been found."