6

Mark and Amy sat off to the side of Jack, telling each other back and forth their vision of what had happened. Jack put in his own comments where he felt they were needed, but mainly stayed silent. His version of the story wasn't much different compared to Mark's, though there were handful of things that Mark hadn't experienced that Jack had and vice versa. Jack watched as his own silent tears fell into his hands as he sat cross-legged in the floor, thoughts of he and Signe doing this same thing flooding his mind. Mark looked up with just his eyes and, upon noticing Jack's condition, scooted a little bit closer. Jack gave a small smile, but his hollow feeling remained. He was glad Mark understood how he was feeling, but that he did still need at least a little bit of space. Jack let the tears slide off his hands and onto the floor, creating small, salty puddles. He dragged a finger around in them, connecting two puddles together to form a rough heart shape. Mark and Amy were just background noise to him now as he made mental conversations between he and Signe that he promised himself would happen..if she arrived. Hours seemed to pass as the trio sat together. Jack's tears eventually stopped flowing and dried up on the floor. The water-heart was still an image stamped into his mind, though. He was so lost in thought that he barely heard Mark and Amy singing a duet of Seven Nation Army together, the last song any of them had sang while they were still..alive. Jack raised his head and saw the two of them dancing. Mark turned and waved his hand a little, a silent way of asking Jack to join in the only fun they had had here since any of them arrived. Jack obliged, standing up and closing the distance, joining in. Soon enough it turned into a full out singing contest with Mark and Amy dueling with Disney songs and Jack with any Irish tunes he could remember. The three of them finished off with a loud rendition of "Let it Go," an odd favorite. All of them were out of breath. There were no clocks, watches, or phones here, so telling time was practically impossible, but after what they had just finished, Jack was beat.
"That was fun," Jack commented, "but I'm pretty tired after all that. I haven't slept since..-" Mark interrupted his rambling.
"It's cool, man. Go get some sleep," he said, motioning for him to do whatever he needed to. Jack let out a small sigh, too quiet for anyone but him to hear.
"Thanks," he said, turning to go and walking off a ways into the distance where the noise of talking wouldn't disturb him.
"No problem," Mark replied to Jack's moving figure. He turned to Amy.
"Mark, what's wrong with Jack?" she asked.
"Seán's a little..upset right now," Mark said, running a hand through his hair.
"Why?"
"He wants Signe here too. I think he's secretly wishing she had come instead of you, but I'm not sure he's the type to think that." Mark set his mouth into a thin line, unsure of how to handle Jack right now.
"I think I'm going to follow his lead and get some sleep myself," Amy said, stretching a little and yawning.
"Me too," Mark said, leaning backwards to lay down. Amy did the same. Everybody drifted off into a peaceful sleep, interrupted only by a dream of some sort.