11

"You know what I realized?" Ethan asked, laying on the floor and staring at the ceiling
"Hm?" Jack replied, also on the floor.
"We've been here for a while, but I haven't needed to eat or drink or pee or anything."
"You know, me too," Amy added. Everybody was on the floor, bouncing around different topics.
"You know what else?" Jack wondered.
"Hm?" Amy answered, echoing Jack's earlier answer
"I haven't heard anything from our opposites in a while."
"Actually, that's a good point. You'd think for such evil people they'd show up more often," Amy shifted a little on the ground to get more comfortable.
"What do you think, Ethan?" Jack questioned.
No reply.
"Ethan?" He turned his head to look towards him. Letting in a sharp breath, he sat up quickly.
"Jack? What's wrong?" Amy asked, sitting up slower.
"Something's wrong with Ethan. Look." He was whispering now as he pointed. Ethan's eyes had glossed over and his pupils were replaced by what looked like static.
"Whoa, hey! He's saying something," Amy whispered. They leaned forward to catch what he was saying.
"It sounds like..his intro? It's kind of distorted though, if you listen close enough."
"Hey, hey! Looks like his opposite is showing himself right now! I wonder what would happen if..," Amy stuck out a hand and went to push Ethan, possibly to snap him out of this. Her hand went through him as if he was a ghost.
"Oh. That's cool," Jack muttered. "Guess that can be his power."
The two of them let out a collective sigh and leaned back again.
"Guess we'll be here for a while then," Amy sighed.
"Yeah."