14

(If you listen to music while you read, I'd recommend Time of Dying by Three Days Grace for this chapter. It started playing while I wrote this and I thought it fit. - Ice)

That's how Amy and Ethan found him as they finally screeched to a halt, their breathing heavy and coming in gasps. There were no words, just the quick and difficult breathing of Ethan and Amy mixed with Jack's cries, which had died down to whimpers.
"Amy, what's he saying?" Ethan asked quietly.
"I'm not sure," Amy replied honestly.
"I'm so sorry, Mark," Jack whispered, fresh tears creating puddles on the ground. "I'm so sorry."
"Ethan, while you were doing whatever while we waited for you to wake up, or whatever needed to be done, did you hear your opposite talk about any power you might have?" Amy asked, her own tears threatening to break loose as she watched Jack cry.
"No, nothing," Ethan said, also on the verge of a breakdown.
"There has to be something you can do! Can you create smoke like Jack or use telekinesis or whatever I have like I can?" Ethan tried to do both, but to no avail.
"Nothing," Ethan muttered, wiping his eyes on his sleeve, bumping his glasses up a little before adjusting them again,
"I'll comfort Jack. You go pay your respects to Mark," Amy said, her voice still a bit shaky, but firmer than before. Ethan complied and took small, awkward steps around Jack. He crouched next to Mark. Brushing Mark's hair out of his face, he started to pay his respects. Suddenly, a bright blue glow emitted from his fingertips. He stared at his hands, shocked. A slight humming noise filled the air.
"Ethan, look," Amy gasped, pointing with one finger to the bullet wound on Mark's forehead. It shone a bright blue and mixed with a reddish color, sort of resembling Mark's hair. The glow covered the wound and spread across his entire forehead, hiding the wound from view and causing both Ethan and Amy to squint their eyes at the shining light. Then, all at once, it disappeared.
"W-what just happened," Ethan stuttered, afraid to move.
"I don't know," Amy said, equally shocked. Jack hadn't moved from his position, but his whimpers had closed down to silence now.
Everybody sat in silence for a minute. Then, all at once, Mark's seemingly dead form let out a groan of pain and opened its eyes. Mark sat up and, noticing Jack's form but seemingly ignoring everybody else around him, gently pushed Amy away and wrapped his own arms around Jack. He stood up and pulled Jack up with him. Spinning him around, Mark gripped Jack in a very tight hug. From his already sorrow-filled blue eyes, more tears sprang forth, dampening Mark's shirt. Mark buried his head in Jack's shoulder and neck and wept also.
"Mark?" Amy marveled. "But you're-you're d-" She was cut off as Mark let go of Jack and embraced May in a hug of her own. The internal dam burst, and Amy let out all of the tears she had been saving up since Mark initially died. Ethan stood there, eyes wide. He turned his head slightly and met Jack's tearful gaze. The sight of his friend so broken   brought him to his own tears, though he didn't let out any sort of sob. He felt a tickle on his cheek as a single tear slowly drifted down. Mark pushed Amy backwards, grasping her shoulders, and pulled her back into a kiss. It was a kiss that was long and meaningful, something that truly meant they missed each other. When they finally broke it up, Ethan grabbed Mark by the shirt and shoved him into a hug. Mark graciously accepted it.
After everybody had said their greetings to Mark through hug form, they let him step back and fully realize what was going on.
"Hang on..aren't I supposed to be..-"
"I think fate decided to give you another chance," Ethan interrupted, chuckling. "Seems like I have the power to heal."
"Or bring people back from the dead," Mark commented looking at his hands and body as if he wasn't entirely certain that this was real.
"Either way, it worked. It worked and you're back. You're back, Mark, you're back!"
"Yeah, yeah I am," he said. Oddly enough, anger started to fill his gaze.
"You okay, Mark?" Jack asked, cautionary in case Ethan's healing powers had side effects.
"Where's Signe," he growled.
"Mark, she's not here. That wasn't the real Signe," Jack explained. "It was her opposite. Amy and I have only found Ethan so far."
"Oh," was all he said, his gaze softening. "Hang on a minute. You guys weren't waiting here since I died, were you?"
"No..Jack sort of..woke up crying and threw himself on top of a wolf which led him and us alike back here," Ethan said, a bit confused.
"Crying?" Mark asked, moving his head to look at Jack.
"It was nothing," Jack protested, waving his hands to prove he was okay.
"If you say so...and what's this about a wolf?"
"Go on and show him, Jack," Amy suggested. Jack did as told and conjured up the wolf again, though it wasn't as solid as it had been when he was stronger.
"Wow," Mark breathed. "So you can summon animals now?"
"More than that," Jack said. "Any object, really."
"Weaponry?" Jack rocked on his heels thoughtfully, letting the wolf disappear.
"I haven't exactly tried it yet.."
"Go ahead and try. There's no harm in it, right?" Mark pressed.
"No, there shouldn't be an issue, I'm just..I don't think I'm strong enough to create anything after that wolf. Larger animals take a lot out of me right now."
"Oh," Mark said, seeming a bit disappointed.
"Hey, it's okay. Some other time, maybe. Right now, you're back. That's all that matters."
"We missed you..so much," Amy said, pulling him into another hug.
"I missed you guys, too."