23

Amy felt somebody gently shaking her.
"Amy. Amy, wake up," someone said. She opened her eyes groggily and lifted her head. As her vision cleared, she saw Jack, worry sparkling in his eyes, leaning over her, one hand on her back. She turned to stand and her eyes landed on Mark's body.
Every memory came flooding back.
Seven Nation Army seemed so quiet now. Fading drums. Broken beats...no beats.
No beat.
No heartbeat.
No more chocolate brown eyes or sweet, silent kisses.
Just silence.
She cleared her throat to keep herself from crying again and stood up, a bit stiff from sitting in such an awkward position for so long.
"How long was I asleep?" she asked, the only question coming to mind.
"Not sure," Jack replied. "For a while, at least. Ethan fell asleep too." He motioned over to where Ethan was laying.
Amy rubbed her eyes. She was still pretty tired.
Me too, Amy, it's 11:10 pm where I'm at and I'm very tired :') - Ice Wolf
"Have you been awake this whole time?" she wondered out loud.
"Yeah. Signe fell asleep for a little while but she's awake now. She's been pretty quiet. Kinda wish I could read minds instead so I could tell what she was thinking...."
No more strong hugs.
No more laughter in the streams.
"..Amy. Amy? Are you listening?" She shook her head to clear her mind.
"Y-yes, I am," she lied.
"You're not," Jack said. "You're crying again, by the way."
Amy reached up and touched her face. Sure enough, a salty tear was leaving a trail down her cheek. She wiped it away.
No more walks with him and Chica.
No more lucky flannel.
"I think I'm just.. still tired," she said.
"You look exhausted, not to be mean. Go back to sleep. We'll think of a better plan after everybody wakes up," Jack said, sympathy etching every word. She just nodded and walked off a little distance away. She was aware of Jack watching her leave, and heard a little puff of a sad sigh come from him. She turned her head a little to look at his before she went back to sleep and saw a tear of his own sparkling like a diamond on his face.
Resting her head on her arm, she drifted off again..
No more Seven Nation Army....

Sorry for a short short chapter following a super long one. As I stated earlier, it's really late and I'm really tired. I don't typically do three chapters in one day, and I did some working today. If you want to entertain yourself, tell me how old you think I am based on my writing in the comments. I won't tell you my exact age, but I'll tell you higher or lower for a little while. Good night kiddos, and there's more to come.
- Ice Wolf