19

Signe took a deep breath and walked over to where everyone besides her and Jack were sitting.
"May I speak to Mark..alone, please?" she asked. The others obeyed, stepping back to where Jack was waiting.
"What do you want?" Mark said calmly, though Signe could sense he was anything but calm.
"Look, Mark. I'm not some imposter that took your life and went after Jack, okay? I'm the real deal, flesh and blood, however you want to put it. I'm your friend. I'm not here to hurt you. I'm the real thing," she said, trying not to shy away from the angry gleam in his eyes.
He let out a heavy sigh and seemed to relax.
"I'm..I'm sorry, Signe," he apologized quietly. "It's hard to erase memories."
"I know," she said sympathetically.
"So..Jack tells me you all have powers," she said, changing the subject over the awkward silence.
"Well, they do. I'm still waiting on mine," Mark said, looking down at his hands.
"If it makes you feel any better, I don't have any yet, either." Mark let out a small chuckle.
"Yeah, I guess."
"What do you think yours is gonna be?" she asked.
"I dunno," he said, shrugging. "I'm hoping it's something cool like what Jack has. Maybe like..lightning. Or something cool like that. How about you?"
"The ability to create endless cacti," she said wistfully, staring off in the distance.
Mark blinked.
"Seriously?" he questioned, concerned.
"No, not seriously," Signe laughed, "but if it was something with plants, I wouldn't complain."
"You would've thought Jack would've gotten something with plants, what with his green hair and all," Mark remarked
(yes that was a little pun leave me alone - Ice Wolf)
"I would've been thinking you'd be getting something with fire, with your red hair and all," Signe said.
"There's a possibility, yeah."
There was another stretch of silence.
"So...we're cool now?" Signe asked, breaking the silence.
"I guess we're cool now, sure," Mark answered. They shook hands and went to rejoin the rest of the group off to the side.