24

"You idiot!" Dark screeched, grabbing Anti's shoulders and throwing him to the ground.

"What did I do? Dark, get your hands off of me!" Anti shouted back, thudding to the ground.

"You weren't supposed to kill him yet, you imbecile! How am I supposed to get his channel now? I've got a good 48 hours left before I disappear! You know that when the host dies, the people they create die with them," he growled, towering over Anti, his blood-red eyes flashing with fury.

"Then we'll just bring him back," Anti argued.

"We can't! We rid Ethan of his power to bring people back, he can only heal them now. Two lives, Mark had. Only two. That was what his power was, but they didn't figure it out in time. Mark's whole 'game' estimate was close, but not close enough. Now there's no way to get him back and I'm going to disappear and it's all your fault. I told you to leave them alone until we could get them to agree to giving us the channels that are rightfully ours. We're the powerful ones, not them," Dark ranted.

Anti stood up and brushed off the non-existent dust from his clothes.

"You could've told me I did something wrong without shoving me to the ground, you know.," he muttered.

"What's going on in here?" Reverse asked, poking her head in and spinning a toy gun around on one finger.

"Isn't that Shooter's gun-"

"Your boyfriend over here's afraid he's gonna disappear because I killed Mark," Anti explained, cutting Dark off.

Her eyes moved to meet Dark's.

"Seriously? I mean, yeah, that's how it works, but you've got time," she said, seeming almost as if she didn't care about any part of this.

"That's not the point!" Dark snapped at her, fed up with everybody in the room now. "The point is, there's no way to bring Mark back now and when I'm gone, I'm gone. There's no way to get me back, either."

"Come on, there's got to be something," Reverse pushed.

"I don't think so," Anti said, agreeing with Dark.

"And it would be kind of odd if Mark stopped recording altogether," Dark finished.

"He's right, I guess," Shooter said. She had entered the room silently and was shooting death glares at Reverse. "Also, can I have my gun back?"

"Oh, yeah," Reverse said, tossing it over the heads of Anti and Dark and into Shooter's hands.

"Just say he's pursuing his biomedical engineering degree again and that he's too busy to do YouTube for a while," a new voice came. Look down, they saw Chica. Well, what looked like Chica. She had a shadowy black collar strapped around her neck with speakers on either side of her neck.

"Hey, Chica. Glad you finally decided to join the party," Dark said, crouching down to pet her.

"Don't touch me," she growled, sidestepping. "And I told you not to use that name. The real Chica is soft. Gives in too easily. I don't have a name, but you can just use...Check. For my name. Or something."

"Okay, Check," Dark sighed, standing.

"She's got a point, though," Shooter said. "I would be a lot easier to just make something up. And with that time, we could probably figure out how to keep you around or how to get the real Mark back so you stay."