viii

A/N: Hello Lovelies, Padmé here! I just wanted to go ahead and kinda give you guys a little disclaimer. I really wanted to add this particular scene into the book but it is a smidgen shorter than my usual uploads. This particular scene between Padmé and Vader doesn't really propel the story along plot wise but it does give you, the readers, a little insight into their relationship. You get to see how much more co-dependent Padmé is starting to get with Vader and how the Immortal's feelings are slowly evolving - though neither of them really acknowledge the change right away. All in all, this is a fluffy scene that's sort of a filler chap and I hope y'all enjoy as always. Plus, Vader realizes something that'll change their fate; what might it be? Hmm...

The next update for PB will be longer in order to kinda compensate for this shorter-than-usual upload. Don't forget to vote and comment, you guys are my biggest motivation and I love each and every one of you. Love, -P

~

~ ...One Lunar Cycle Later... ~

"All done, Miss Padmé." Cordé smiled at her in the mirror, tying off her last braid. The younger of the two handmaidens had done Padmé's hair into two dutch-fishtail braids that climbed over her shoulders to hang beside her navel. "Thank you so much, Cordé." Padmé smoothed out her pale pink tank top, running her hands over her shorts as she stood up. With a quick hug, the nineteen-year-old hurried out of the parlor and headed back towards the throne room.

"Back already, Precious?" Vader's deep voice floated through the air as she came by the right side of the rear stairs. "Yep, Dormé and Cordé work fast." She smiled when she came around the corner to see the curtain half-pulled back. His smoky black eyes landed on her, scanning her tiny figure. "They did a wonderful job, you look as beautiful as always." He reached out to her, his expression soft as he admired her. "Thank you, Vader..." She ran her hand over the top of his index finger, running it through the crook of his thumb as she drew closer. "Can I ask you something?"

"Of course."

"Can I stay with you tonight?" Padmé relaxed her body as his long fingers curled around her frame. "You stay with me every night, Padmé." Vader was a little confused, carefully picking her up off the ground. He brought her over to her palette, gently laying her down on the over-sized beanbag.  "I meant can I stay with you behind the curtain tonight?" She corrected herself, wrapping an arm around one of his fingers as he tried to pull his hand away. "Padmé, you know the rules. You're not supposed to come back here." He reminded her, laying a hand over the palette. "I know but Vader, I just wanna be close to you. I can't sleep peacefully unless you're holding me anyways."

"Precious..." Vader sighed, trying to come up with a good reason. "You know how I feel about you seeing me up close." Padmé rolled over onto her stomach, her face away from the curtain. "I know... Never mind, goodnight Vader." He quickly shut the curtain, reaching out to her palette. When he felt only her blankets, the immortal growled softly.

"You're not shutting me out, Padmé."

"What, you mean like you do to me?" She sat up, turning to face the curtain. "I wouldn't dream of it, Vader." Padmé drawled sarcastically, her honey-brown eyes watching the fabric get swiped aside. "Don't sass me, little girl." The deity poked his head out from the shadows, his jaw set in a firm line. "Give me five legitimate reasons as to why I should let you stay behind the curtain with me." She scowled at him, holding a pillow in her lap. "Fine. The first reason is because you've completely ruined my sleeping patterns. I've been all over the place after laying with you a few times."

"Really? Can you not sleep when you've laid with me?"

"I sleep too well when I'm with you. I wake up absolutely refreshed and my body is completely relaxed." She roused a chuckle out of the giant. "That's a bad thing? You're going to have to try harder than that, baby." He shook his head as she pouted. "I slept so well with you that my own palette isn't as comfortable anymore. Reason number two is that I don't have nightmares when I'm with you, especially the ones that cause me to wake up during the night." His smirk dropped instantly. "You're still having nightmares?"