ix

A/N: Surprise update 'cuz I love y'all! Love, -P

"Would you like to wear the black, pink or red set today?"

Dormé held up a tribal-printed, black and white crop top in one hand, a pink sleeveless, knee-length sweater with matching Capri leggings. Cordé held the black and red sets, both women looking at Padmé who was soaking in the tub. "I'll wear the black one today, thank you." She smiled at them, running a loofah over her arms. Dormé took all of the clothes while Cordé hurried forward to the tub. "Let's get a comb through your curls before we rinse out the conditioner." She sat on a stool at the head of the tub, taking Padmé's curly lochs down from the bun she'd put them in. The master's companion leaned back, letting the servant girl do her thing. "Hey Cor, can I ask you something? Like for advice?"

"Of course, Miss Padmé. What's up?" Cordé began combing through the lower layers of her hair. "Well, it's about Vader... I think he's starting to get tired of me." Padmé sighed, squeezing the loofah underwater and watching a circle of bubbles emerge.

"Whatever would make you think that? The Master adores you, dear."

"He's...quiet. I mean, I know he's generally a reserved person but he's usually more talkative with me. Lately, it's like he's distracted by something that when I try to talk to him, it's like he's just... I don't know, it's like he gets annoyed when I want his attention." Dormé came back over with the clothes they'd picked out along with some sandals and jewelry. "The Master is a very curious soul, if I may be so bold as to point out. While he may not outwardly appear to be, the Master is a very busy man. He has all of us to look after, the travelers to keep track of... Not to mention there are those who have peace treaties with the Master and other sorts of deals." Cordé let down another layer of her with a nod. "Dormé is right; he's probably just busy, dear. It's not you."

"It's not just that though. Lately, he's been almost reluctant to hold me or any of that." Padmé felt the top layer of her hair be let down after a moment of silence. "I don't know, maybe I'm reading too much into it but it just doesn't feel the same when I'm with Vader. I just want things to be comfortable again..." She ceased talking, remaining silent as the women started to finish her bath and get her ready for another day in the palace.

><

Anakin's blue eyes snapped open, sensing Padmé was close. The door to the right of his stage opened, little footsteps coming down the stairs rhythmically. He grinned as she came around the corner, hearing her gasp upon seeing him. "Anakin!"

"Holy shit, look at you..." He chuckled, standing up against one side of the beanbag. She wore a tight crop top that hugged her bust, the pattern only amplifying her curves. The leggings she wore hugged her lower waist, Padmé's flat stomach on full display. A thin gold body chain popped against the tan skin there, drawing a smirk from the disguised deity. "Come here, beautiful." He opened his arms for her, sharing a grin. She ran forward, crashing into him; they fell backwards onto her palette. "I missed you."

"I missed you too, sweetheart." He kissed the side of her head, embracing the girl as tight as he could manage. She snuggled against his shoulder, feeling at peace for the first time in days. "I take it Vader's gone for a while?"

"Yeah, big guy said to keep you company until he gets back." Anakin sat up with Padmé still on top of his chest; she straddled him now that they were upright. Her cheeks flushed immediately as she buried her face in his shoulder, his hands sliding down to her waist. "How's about we take a walk to the den and have an early lunch by the pit fire?" He mumbled against her ear, kissing the spot behind it. She nodded, hugging him around the neck as he stood them up. "How long do we have until Vader returns?"