xiv

Vader and his bride returned the palace after high noon the next morning, both sated and wrapped around each other like always.

"Welcome home, Holy One!" Rex called from the throne room's stage, seeing the giant and his miniature wife come into the massive hall. Cordé, Dormé and the brutes all turned around, having been attending to a new palette for Padmé. "It's good to be home, Rex... I trust things have been calm in our absence?" Vader gently set Padmé down on the ground, making sure her robe was wrapped tight around her body.

(He didn't want any one seeing her in the way he had last night.)

"Yes, Holy One. We've just finished putting the misses' new palette in place." Dormé answered for him, seeing Cordé embrace Padmé out of the corner of her eye. "Shall we help Miss Padmé get ready for the day now?" Vader knelt down, nodding; he ran a knuckle over her back. "I guess I'll see you in a little bit, Precious..." His tiny wife moved forward and leaned into his hand with a smile. "I guess so..." Padmé back up after feeling him give her a squeeze, leaving with the handmaidens to go change and clean up. Vader swiped aside his curtain, disappearing into the shadows.

"So what's the plan for the day? Gates open? Closed? Something else?"

"We were waiting for you, Holy One." Rocco spoke up, standing beside the beanbag with Braque. "Well..." The immortal emerged in his mortal form, adjusting the sleeves of his black tunic. "...I suppose the people deserve to know of their new immortal, huh?" Rex nodded, flicking a gold blanket over the master's wife's bed. "Shall I introduce her as I do you with every audience or would you like to do so?" Anakin bit his lip in thought, his mind drifting back to last night. "You see, I'm not sure if she's ready to know her title or not. The Force sent me a vision last night and as it turns out, Padmé's been dubbed the Goddess of Motherhood and Fertility... I think I should at least tell her before the travelers find out but I think you'll be alright announcing it."

"Shall I introduce her as Lady Vader, your holiness?" Rex raised a brow.

"Again, I'll have to consult with her first. I'm not sure if she's taking my name or not."

"Your Holiness..." Braque spoke for the first time, slightly stepping in front of Rocco. "My brother and I were wondering if we could help protect the stage. Once news spreads that you've married, she'll unfortunately become a target." Rocco nodded along picking up where the other brute left off. "We feel we owe it to Padmé to make it up to her for all the years of the Clovis family's treachery." Anakin looked over the extensive room, mentally counting out how many guards he already stationed throughout the throne room. He then looked over the closer positions, noticing how they were right to worry about her security; there weren't even guards by the stage's stairs. His eyes finally landed on the brutes, knowing their appearances would intimidate ever the most fearsome of mortals. They did owe Padmé for her years of enslavement and they had sworn their loyalty to him as well as his palace.

"Very well... you will each take a corner of the stage and be armed at all times whenever we are hosting the mortals... Also..."

><

Padmé looked at herself in the mirror, blissfully happy at what she saw. Her natural curls had been tamed by a curling wand, the small ringlets polished and pretty. Cordé had given her a natural eyeshadow look, the focus of her eye makeup being her long lashes with a thick cat-eye and smoky bottom liner. Her lips were matte and pale pink, matching the blush on her cheeks. Her outfit consisted of a white bandeau top and skater skirt, the set making her bronze-like skin glow. She was still wearing her wedding jewelry, having no intentions to take them off. "Here we are, milady, the finishing touches..." Dormé brought over a thin, gold-tiered body chain and a pair of brown leather gladiator sandals.  "Thank you both so much..." Padmé smiled at them, hugging each woman appreciatively. "I'd never look so polished without you two."