x

Padmé woke up the following morning, confused to be back on her beanbag. The last thing she remembered was falling asleep on Vader's chest early...

"Ah, good, you're awake." She turned her attention towards the stairs, hearing Rex's rough voice. "Good morning, Rex... Good morning, Vader."

"Actually, Miss Padmé, he's not here right now." Rex walked over to the palette, handing her a letter. "He left this for you... Oh, and good morning to you as well." He turned around, going to the stairs; he paused before climbing the small flight. "Shall I have Dormé fill up the tub for you this morning?"

"Sure, I'll head that way after reading this." Padmé dismissed him, opening the thick letter. Her brown eyes scanned over it, taking in every word.

"My Precious Padmé -

I've left for the day in order to go track down your slavers. Regardless of whether or not you're mine forever, I at least owe you the freedom I've taken from you by keeping you here so long. When I return, you'll be a free woman and able to do whatever you'd like. You'll finally be able to see the stars if that's what you wish. I'm leaving Anakin in charge of the palace; you may spend the day with him if you like.

I must go now, I've got a bit of a journey ahead of me.

Yours Eternally, Vader"

Was he kicking her out because she wouldn't marry him? Putting aside her panic, Padmé hurried out of the throne room to go see Dormé and Cordé.

><

"Did you give it to her?"

Rex hurried back to a study down the corridor behind the throne room, the Master pacing anxiously when the blonde arrived. "Yes, Holy One. She said she'd read it before going to the parlor to get ready." Rex reported, giving a slight bow of his head. "Excellent. I am sending you off today to free her. You have full access to the palace's treasury so credits aren't an issue. I'm giving you this scroll to read to the slavers upon arrival and I expect them to comply. I want you to take the brutes with you for muscle."

"You don't think I can handle a few scoundrels, Holy One?" Rex smirked. "I know you can handle them. I just know that the brutes can be quite intimidating so it may prove useful to take them along." Anakin paused, smirking back at his right hand. "Do whatever it takes to free her but use blunt force if all else fails. Tell them what happened to her old masters who defied me if you must." Rex bowed his head, ready to carry out his mission. "As you wish, Holy One. I'll gather the brutes then we'll be on our way."

"Good. Return only when the mission is done and not a moment sooner." Anakin watched the blonde man leave him, the tension in his shoulders relaxing once he was alone again. While he hadn't actually seen her yet, the disguised immortal could feel Padmé's emotions loud and clear through the force. He could sense her anxiousness, her disappointment and her...fear? What was she afraid of? Why was she so down this morning? He adjusted the neck of his tunic as he left the study, headed straight for the parlor where Rex said she'd be.

"Dormé... Has Padmé arrived yet?" He greeted the eldest handmaiden upon arrival, gaining a slight bow from her. "She's in the bath, Holy One. Cordé is working on taking down her hair as we speak." She spoke softly, knowing she mustn't alarm the master's companion. "Tell her that I'm here and ask if it's okay to come back to speak with her. It's rather urgent or else I'd give her all the time she needed..." He quickly fibbed, the beast within him restless without her. Dormé quickly retreated to the side room, carrying out his wishes. A moment later, she motioned him over. "Cordé will leave in just a moment, Master Anakin. If you need anything, we'll be attending to her attire."