Chapter Eight

It all happened before I could even react, before I could even pull down my shirt lower. As soon as the man recognized the indecency, he stopped, not daring to get any closer.

"What is going on in here?" he demanded, noticing the length of the shirts on our bodies. "Boys?" he asked brittlely, turning to Calum and Luke, who stood side by side, as if expecting to get scolded. "I believe you are aware of my… non-favorable… attitude towards the girls. Now why on earth would you let them sleep here?" he asked with a smile, but his eyes were wide with anger.

"It’s not all about what you want," Calum said with a little shrug.

"You don’t know these girls! You met them, what, 16 hours ago? They’re strangers! They could have stolen something!"

"They’ve been here the entire time. The only thing they’ve stolen from us is our shirts," Luke said. "Though, they can keep them as gifts," he said casting a smile our way.

"No they may not! Young ladies, take those off immediately. I’m going to go wash them right away," the man said, holding out his hand like we were about strip right in front of them all. We glanced at each other briefly.

"We have nothing underneath," Amanda said blankly and I noticed Calum and Luke glance at each other, tiny smirks evident on their lips.

"Fine. Boys, turn around."

"What about you? That’s creepy," I stated, crossing my arms over my chest.

"I’ll turn away," he said, turning his body so he didn’t have to face us, his arm still out. "Boys, come on," he said and the two slowly rotated. Amanda and I shifted uncomfortably. "Done yet?" the man asked and I heard Amanda sigh as she slowly slipped the fabric over her head and onto the man’s hand. I did the same and the man left, thankfully without a second glance.

"Can we turn arou-"

"No," I said to Calum before he could finish his sentence as we stood there in the room awkwardly, the boys’ backs to us. Suddenly the door whipped open.

"Hey fellas ya ready for- woah," Ashton froze and for a minute everything was quite. His eyes traveled down our legs and I eased behind Amanda a little. "I.. uh… sorry.. didn’t mean to interrupt," he said.

"You aren’t interrupting. Mr. Shepherd made us take off their shirts…" Amanda explained.

"How come he gets to look?" Luke complained.

"Shut it, Blondie," I said quickly, not wanting them to turn around at all. "Now c’mon, I guess we’ll have to wear yesterday’s clothes," I said as I walked over to the neatly folded pile on the dresser. I was glad I didn’t have to sleep in those skinny jeans. My hips would have burned from the tension.

I was about to slide them on when I noticed Ashton’s gaze. “Go on, shoo,” he said, motioning for him to leave.

"I wanted to talk," he stated.

"Then go join your friends over there," I said, pointing to wear Calum and Luke stood and Ashton followed my point.

Amanda and I grabbed our clothes and began sliding them on. “They’re really quiet,” she whispered softly and I nodded.

"And they haven’t turned around once," I said and glanced over at them to see three pairs of eyes indirectly peering at us. They were watching through the mirror. I quickly snapped my gaze to Amanda and pushed her down next to the bed where the mirror couldn’t see us and started changing there.

"Why’d you do that?!" Amanda questioned confused and a little infuriated. 

"They’re watching through the mirror," I mumbled as I buttoned my jeans and slid on my shirt. Amanda pulled on her socks and we stood, smoothing out last-minute wrinkles as we walked back.