Chapter Eighteen

As Luke’s face inched closer and closer to mine, I felt my breath hitch. His blue eyes were glancing between mine and my lips and I felt myself leaned towards him until, with a final push, our lips were pressed together. I daintily closed my eyes, enjoying the feeling as Luke starting to move his lips and I followed. He was actually a great kisser, and I felt my cheeks grow hot as his fingers skimmed over several spots on my body before we both pulled away, staring at each other with slightly pink cheeks.

I could tell Luke was about to say something when the door behind us whipped open, revealing a drunken guy leading a tall blonde. The wasted man mumbled profanity as he saw the room was occupied before leaving, the sober-seeming girl giggling as she followed him out. Luke and I glanced at each other and laughed lightly. It was easier to laugh than to talk about what had just happened. But as the laughter died out, we sat there awkwardly.

"I… I didn’t know you felt that way," I said, my eyes glancing into Luke’s who was staring down at my intently. I didn’t want to be the center of attention in the conversation, so I awkwardly stared down at the couch beneath my legs.

"Me neither," Luke said with a light chuckle. "I mean I did… but… not like this. Like, a friend. And, here we are," the blonde said and let out a little sigh. "Sorry if you didn’t want to kiss me."

"I didn’t mind it… at all, really," I stated with a light blush and Luke grinned proudly. "But… when did you start feeling that way?" I questioned, as I gazed up at him with curiosity and Luke looked down at me.

He seemed to be contemplating something before he answered me. “The other night, when I woke up in the middle of the night and I looked down and saw this beautiful girl cuddled against my side,” he said with a little smile. “That was kinda where it started. You looked so peaceful.” My cheeks were flaring red.

"Oh," was all I could manage to speak out and through the speakers, the song on the stereo changed to a very upbeat song. "What should we do now?" I asked softly.

Luke smiled softly and held out his hand, standing to his feet. “Care to dance?”

[A/N] 19 is right after this! I wrote 3 chapters in 2 hours! Sorry they're short! Thats why i'm writing.