Chapter Twenty- One

As we arrived at the house, we immediately took preparations for the boys. When we got home, we took showers. I let Amanda take mine while I took the guest bathroom’s and then we started to get ready. We met at my master bathroom, where there was a large counter with lots of girly supplies. We slid leave-in-conditioner in our hair and brushed it out before drying it with hair dryers, our fingers frequently going down to our torsos to hold up the towels wrapped around us.

When we were done with our hair, we washed our faces and brushed our teeth before putting on a light layer of mascara and then walking out to the bedroom where we’d laid out our clothes. We talked with light chats, giggles emitting constantly as we made each other laugh. It was just another thing to admire about Amanda, she could make me feel up when my heart was yanking downward. We dropped our towels and slid on our clothing. Amanda was trying to make an impression on Calum, so she wore a pair of pink short shorts with a loose white tank top. I was single, and unwilling to mingle, so I wore grey lounge pants and a light blue tank top. As we finished up, Amanda turned to me.

"So… what are you going to do now?" Amanda asked and I shrugged, staring at my phone. I’d had to put it on silent because Luke was blowing up my phone with texts pleading for me to talk to him, call him, text him, anything. But I didn’t want to deal with him right now. I wanted to hang out with my best friend, her boyfriend, and Ashton.

"Ignore him, I guess. That’s all I really want to do right now," I said softly and stuffed my phone in my pocket, feeling it vibrate against my thigh constantly. Downstairs, the doorbell rang and Amanda and I trotted down the steps and opened the door, welcoming them in.

Ashton’s hair was no longer concealed by the bandana he wore often, and he wore a dark grey t-shirt with black and red plaid lounge pants. Calum wore a loose black v-neck and pants that look identical to Ashton’s. We welcomed them happily as they slid off their shoes and showed them to the living room, where we’d be spending the night. The couch kicked out footstools, and they were actually really comfy. You could fit two on a couch. 

After a few minutes, Amanda dismissed herself, since she’d gotten a mascara-coated eyelash in her eye. That stung, and I knew, so I carefully directed her to the guest bath. When she was gone, it just me, Ashton and Calum.

"So, where’s Mikey in all this?" I asked curiously.

"He’s been sick," Calum said. "Poor guys got a tummy bug." I nodded lightly as my phone exploded more.

"I know you don’t want to talk about it, but Luke says hi…" Ashton said awkwardly and I nodded.

"I know, he’s saying hi a thousand times against my thigh right now," I said and Ashton looked at me like I was demented. I stuffed my hand in my pocket and pulled out the new iPhone. Ashton looked at it and nodded, understanding immediately. Then, Calum stood up, claiming he had to go to the bathroom. I nodded and watched him go so it was just me and Ash.

"Thanks for comforting me at the party," I said in a low voice in case one of the two snuck in quietly. Ashton shrugged.

"It was no problem. I can be like, your comfort buddy," he suggested with a soft chuckle.

I laughed brightly, my eyes light and happy. “That wouldn’t be so bad, you’re actually really good at it,” I said and he smiled at me brightly and I blushed, looking down at the ground.

There was a silence before Ashton continued. “Oh, and Luke also said he didn’t mean it when he called you a slut.” I nodded gently and stared down at my lap, feeling the words hit me again like a wave of pain.

I bit my lip and sighed. “Where are those two?” I pondered.

"Well, they both disappeared. Amanda left like ten minutes ago and isn’t back yet, and Calum left like 8… that’s not a good sign," Ashton said and my eyes widened.

"Oh god, pleeeaase not in my bedroom," I pleaded and shot up, checking each door in the house before realizing they were doing it in the bathroom. I sighed of both exhaustion, relief and annoyance before knocking on the door. Suddenly things were dead silent. "Ya know, there’s usually only supposed to be one person in the bathroom at a time, but alright," I said and heard them laugh before going back to Ashton.

"Classic," he chuckled and shook his head lightly and I laughed.

"Kids will be kids," I said softly.

Calum and Amanda came out about 15 minutes later. Calum was leading Amanda in, his hand holding hers happily as they sat together on the couch.

"Ya nasty-ass," I scolded Amanda playfully and she shrugged innocently, her eyes bright as she gazed up at Calum, who gazed right back.

"So, what do you guys wanna do?" Ashton asked curiously. I shrugged lightly.

"I’m up for anything," I said as I grabbed my phone and just started reading Luke’s messages. Most were simple, ‘his’ or ‘please text me’ but not the last one he sent five minutes ago. I read it over and over, my eyes burning with fear and anxiety.

'Thalia, Ashton left your address in the hotel room. I'm on my way.'

[A/N] I'LL BE WRITING THE NEXT CHAPTER IN AN HOUR OR SO! 

xxx BYE LOVESS!