Chapter Seventeen

An hour before the party, Amanda and I started to get ready for the party. First, we slid on our clothes of course. I was going with a pair of skinny jeans and boots, along with a grey tank top that had the Marvel characters on it, along with the logo at the top, while Amanda wore a light blue tank top that had black anchors on it, with white leggings and sandals. Next step? Accessories. I’ve never been a huge of them, so I skipped that part while I let Amanda borrow a pair of earrings.

Then we moved to the bathroom, where we pulled back our hair to apply makeup. Neither of us liked to wear too much, so we put on a bit of mascara, some blush, and a thin swipe of eyeliner along our top eyelids. Then we let our hair down. Mine was in it’s natural state, gentle waves that caressed my back, while Amanda’s was in it’s natural beauty too, perfectly straight like a pencil.

Amanda brushed through her hair while I took a curling iron and added a few extra curls to my hair, then combed through. With delicate yet swift movements, by the time we were done was around the time it was to leave. We walked to the door and I got in the driver’s seat, Amanda hopping in on the passenger’s side.

I reached into my pocket and drew out my phone, unlocking it and popping up Luke’s text messages and going back up to the address. I entered it into the GPS and then put my phone back in my pocket, before starting the car and pulling out of the driveway.

It took about ten minutes to get to the party, and after pulling down the street full of houses, there was no doubt which one was the one we were going to. There were cars lined up and down the driveway, bass able to be heard from the next county over, and multicolored lights you could see through the windows of the tall building. I parked beside a light pole and hopped out, Amanda by my side as we made our way to the front door. We knocked and the door gave, swinging open, and we cautiously walked through.

We observed dancing bodies everywhere, music blaring crazily and I searched desperately for Luke, knowing that he’d make me feel comfy, but he was no where in sight. Amanda spotted Calum and he walked over to us, but he asked Amanda to dance, and after they disappeared into the crowd, I knew I wouldn’t see them again for a long time. 

I reached down in my pocket and pulled out my phone, clicking Luke’s contact. I was about to send out an SOS when I felt someone staring at me from across the room. I looked up and saw Luke, who was coming my way. I slid my phone back into the pocket of my jeans with a light smile as the blonde approached.

"Shhh," Luke whispered quietly over the blaring music and I could barely make it out as I saw his hand reached out to take mine and I cautiously held onto it as he turned and lead me down a hallway and into an office. There was a desk with a computer sitting in the corner across from the doorway, an armor next to that, and to the right of the door was a long couch. 

Luke shut the door behind us and lead me to the couch, sitting down quietly. I gently took a seat next to him, curious as to why we were in the room.

"I thought we could talk," Luke said, practically reading my mind and I shifted awkwardly.

"Oh, okay," I said and looked at him, his blue eyes locking with mine in the dark. "What about?"

"I don’t know… I guess…" he stopped and looked at me. "I’m really bad at talking. Let me just… show you," he said and slowly brought his face closer to mine.

[A/N] SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG!!! HERE IS CHAPTER 17! \

Twitter: FindingClifford