Chapter Twenty-Two

The walls of my throat felt like they were compressing, the dryness overwhelming as I looked up at Ashton, who was looking at me with a curious gaze. “Ash? How long does it take to get here from the hotel?” I asked softly, my throat aching as tears made my eyes sting.

Ashton looked at me and shrugged simply. “15, 20, minutes. Why?” he asked curiously and I handed him my phone, holding my throat in my hands as I swallowed again and again. First it was a pleasing feeling, then it burned like a fire put. 

Ashton took my phone and started scrolling through the messages, the brightness cascading a delicate glow on his grim features to darken as he read the last text and looked at me sympathetically.

"Luke’s on his way here," Ashton said and everything seemed to freeze as it sunk in.

"That doesn’t mean we have to let him in," I stated and Ashton nodded in agreement. That made me feel a bit better, but I knew I’d feel at least a bit bad after he’d drove out this way, and we’ve got his friends inside, except him. He would be alone with a sick Michael.

The doorbell rang, making me jump and Luke peered in through the window beside the door, making my stomach flip and I crawled away as Ashton looked at Luke and shook his head lightly. Ashton looked back at me and there was dead silence as we sat there like shark bait.

Then, a saw movement by the window on the side of the house, and I saw an opened window. Instantly I stood up, running for it, but Luke was already there, holding it up as I tried to yank it down.

"Luke! Luke!" Calum yelled as he ran to the window next to me. "C’mon man, not the window, that’s creepy." But Luke was already preparing to crawl through. Helpless tears appeared in my eyes as I struggled backwards, holding my hands over my mouth and backing up as Ashton once again encased me into his arms, my back against his chest and Luke threw himself through the window.

He struggled to his feet and Calum gripped his torso, trying to pull him back, but Luke gripped the couch closest to him and held on, his biceps flexing as he fought against Calum in strength. Finally Calum gave up, panting slightly.

"Fine, just… don’t do something stupid," he said and moved himself between Luke and I, even though we were already a good distance apart. Amanda walked over to me and stroked my hair, trying to calm me down.

"Thalia, I-I just wanna talk," Luke said and I stood there, wrapped up in Ashton’s arms, waiting for an explanation. "I’m sorry, I was drinking, and I-I’m sorry, babe. You know she’s nothing compared to you."

I rolled my eyes, almost sorry for the pathetic apology. “Really?” I asked, obviously unimpressed. Luke struggled to put together something quickly.

"C-can I stay? Just like… like friends, like how it used to be?" he begged and I glanced over at Calum, who was looking at Luke like he was nuts.

"Let me get this straight," I said, slowly untangling myself from Ashton’s embrace and walking up to Luke boldly. I wasn’t hiding in someone’s arms anymore. "You kiss me, and are ready to fuck some other girl. I, of all people, caught you in the act and now you think I’ll just forget? Well, you’re wrong Luke. Things between you and I will never be the same."

[A/N] Do you guys like this story? Bc i dont think you guys really do. Like i have almost 900 reads and no comments so i dont think you guys like it. 

So, i wont update till i know for sure you like it.. Thats only fair. I'm not going to spend time writing chapters if you guys dont even like it.

YOu feeel meee? 

xxxx

__________