Chapter Twenty-Five

"No!" I screamed as I ran to the black iron railing, clutching it until my knuckles turned white as I leaned over. Luke was holding onto the very edge of the balcony beneath where the railing ended, gripping for his life with only three fingers, his entire right arm flexing as he threw up his left arm and gripped, trying without success to pull himself up. He grew tired and fell right back to where he was before, dangling from the ledge.

Tears fell freely from my eyes as I backed up. “P-please help him,” I begged, but no one had to think twice as they leaned over the railing, grabbing Luke’s arms and pulling him carefully up and over the railing. As soon as he got to his feet, his legs were shaking and I ran to him, sliding my arms around his torso and hugging him tightly.

"D-don’t ever do that again," I pleaded as I vanquished any space between us, his arms sliding around me carefully and I felt his chin on the top of my head. "Promise me," I whispered gently, my heart thudding in my chest rapidly.

"I promise," Luke said as I felt him rest his chin on the top of my head, and I cried into his chest for a moment before slowly pulling away, sniffling quietly. 

"Good," I said and let out a shaky breath. "With that said, how could you be so god damn stupid?" I shouted and slapped his torso. "You could have died!"

"That’s the point," Luke said and I gazed up at him in disbelief.

"Luke, you wouldn’t actually do that…?" Luke stared at me in silence and my heart dropped. "Don’t kill yourself, whatever you’re upset about, it’s not worth it."

"The girl I love doesn’t feel the same way," Luke said and I looked up at him, my lips parting slightly.

"You love me?" I asked softly and Luke stared down at his feet. I bit my lip and shook my head. "Still not a good enough reason, Luke. It’s just me, it’s not worth it," I stated and Luke immediately looked up into my eyes.

"What?" Luke blurted out, and the others filed back inside the hotel room to give us some privacy. "You’re kidding right?" 

I remained silent and Luke bit down on his lip. “Thalia, you’re the awesomest girl I’ve ever met. You’re adorable, sweet, funny, the definition of perfect,” Luke said. “How can you not believe that?”

"Well, people say that, and then apparently find someone better," I said, referring to his cheating scandal and Luke sucked in his cheeks slightly.

"I’m not asking you to marry me, please, I need a second chance," Luke pleaded and I gave him a look. "Fine, friends, please?" he whined and I gave him another look, wondering why this boy, who could have any girl, was so desperate to just be my friend.

"Fine, if it keeps you alive," I stated and Luke lead me inside the hotel room. As soon as we entered, everyone looked over, expecting an explanation.

"I’m gonna go explain it to them," Luke mumbled lowly. "C’mon guys," he said and lead his bandmates out of the bedroom and out to the main area of the hotel room. 

Amanda looked to me and patted the spot on the bed beside her. “Come. Sit. Explain yourself,” she said and I laughed gently. I walked over to her and told her how we were just going to be friends again. Amanda frowned and looked at me. “That’s stupid. You guys are my OTP! You’re meant to be,” she said and I shrugged.

"Not all OTPs are real," I stated with a little shrug.

"I’ve seen the way he looks at you, this whole friends thing won’t last long," she said with a smirk as the boys returned, each with a slightly gloomy expression.

When Michael got closer, I turned to him. “Hey, are you feeling better?” I asked.

Michael looked down at me and shook his head glumly. “Not really, but thanks,” he said with a weak smile. “Bye guys, I’m going back to bed,” he said and right then, sleep sounded so amazing, since it was very, very early in the morning. I watched him disappear before scratching the back of my head.

"I guess we should get going," I said gently and there was an uncomfortable silence.

"You shouldn’t drive, you’re probably tired," Luke said and I looked at him. "You should spend the night."

"Yeah," Calum said with a light smile, gazing at Amanda lightly and I shrugged. 

"Alright," I said and we all said goodnight before Luke lead me to his bed. I raised a brow. "I thought we were supposed to be just friends?" I questioned.

"Well, you and Ashton slept in the same bed, so it shouldn’t matter," Luke said, a slight hint of annoyance in his tone. "And yeah, he told me about that." I was speechless and slowly slid back the covers and laid in the bed with Luke.

[A/N] SORRYYYY IF I SCARED YAH! OKAY SO LIKE! 

YOU SHOULDDD GO CHECK OUT @Lousingyou

SHES GREAT SO PLZZZ!!!!!! 

byeeee xxxxx