Chapter Twenty-Seven

That morning, I wasn’t sure what I expected to wake up to. Perhaps resting on my side, away from Luke, while gentle broad streaks of daylight started to flow into the sliding glass door, brightening the room more and more as the sun rose higher into the brightening sky. Instead, I woke up much, much differently.

The way I was sitting made me sure that I wasn’t laying in the bed, but sitting in a dark, empty space. I was sitting right by the door, a thin line of light breaking through brightly in comparison to the unseeable walls around me. I tried to move my hand to get up, but with it came the other and I realized they were tied together. I grunted in confusion and realized it was muffled. There was something over my mouth, as well.

I yelped in fear and the door flashed open, briefly showing Luke’s face as he stared at me, my eyes wide with fear. “Shh, just trust me, alright? I’ll explain everything later,” he said and shut the door just as fast and once again I was concealed in darkness. I heard his footsteps walk away and there was talking in the room next door while I saw in the complete silence, my body as still as a rock until about ten minutes later, footsteps came back.

Luke opened the door and walked over to me, carefully helping me onto my feet. He gently slid off the duct tape that covered my lips and turned me around, undoing the knot that bound my wrists together firmly. As soon as they were free, I turned, bringing them to my face to examine them. There were red marks where the rope had been tight around my skin and I’d moved, causing them to grind against the cells of my body.

"Sorry," I heard Luke mumbled and looked up at him, seeing him look quite guilty as he too examined my wrists and their now red color. 

"Why’d you tie me up and put in a closet, anyway?" I asked and Luke looked up at him as if it was obvious.

"Mr. Shepherd checks our rooms every morning for you guys, since that one night… yeah he really doesn’t trust us anymore. Anyways, I didn’t want to wake you, so I…" he paused and scratched the back of his neck. "I guess I could have woken you up… but where’s the fun in that?" he asked and I couldn’t help but laugh a little.

"Gotcha," I said and sighed. "Well, where’s Amanda?" I asked curiously, wanting to go home already. 

"She and Cal are still sleeping… somewhere. They moved to a small spot to cuddle while Mr. Shepherd was searching. They could be anywhere."

"We’re down here," a strained voice rang out and I looked down at the floorboards before peering at the bottom of the bed where Calum’s hand was wiggling.

"Me too," I heard a familiar giggle and Amanda’s hand wiggled next to Cal’s, pretty soon getting their fingers tangled and locked in a romantic show of love.

I smiled weakly. “Well c’mon, Amanda. We have to get going,” I said and next to me I heard Luke’s throat hitch.

"Oh, about that. I-uh. I made you breakfast…" he said and looked at the doorway, where the closed elegant white door stood in the way. "Mr. Shepherd might be out there, let me get it for you. Take a seat," he said, gesturing to the bed and I watched him leave the room before leaning down next to the bed.

"You guys gonna go now?" I questioned and there was soft laughter before Calum and Amanda slipped out from under the bed. Calum held his girlfriend close to him as he left the room, quickly skidding across to Michael’s room, where they were sure to hide under that bed, as well.

Once they were gone, I walked back to the comfort of the bed and sat down, positioning the pillow so I could sit up straight to eat. Not a moment later, Luke came in. I tucked the blanket around my waist boredly as the blonde boy set the tray between us.

"I wasn’t sure what tea you liked, so I brought green tea and black tea," he said and I nodded to him gratefully before picking up a little cup with some green tea in it and took a sip, licking my lips as I set it back down as Luke introduced me to the other things he’d brought before we dove in. 

My first hit was the juicy strawberries, then the waffle sticks, and finally one sausage. When I was full, I wiped my hands with my napkin, and dabbed at my mouth a little. Luke made a point to playfully mock me and took his napkin, delicately dabbing the corner of his mouth with the fabric. “Oh, my. I most certainly hope I haven’t gotten any krumpet crumbs on my clothing.” His playfulness made me laugh and finally, I stretched.

"You promised I could go…" I stated after a long silence and Luke looked over at me.

"I did say that, didn’t I?" he asked and then stood up, removing the tray form the bed and I slowly did the same. I watched him walk around the bed and come over to me, holding my tight in his arms and pulling me against his chest. "I’m gonna miss you. Goodbye, Thalia."

[a/n] HERE WE ARE! xD 

xxx