Family Dinner

Spencer's POV:

"Aria, I need your help." I say into the phone as soon as Aria picks up. "What do you need?" She asks excitedly. "I'm meeting Toby's family soon and I don't know what to wear." I tell her, sitting on my bed.

"How soon do you need to leave?" She asks and I check my watch. "Um, 2 hours." I say, and she exhales loudly. "That'll do. I'll be there in 10." She says and hangs up.

In ten minutes time, I hear the front door open and footsteps on the stairs that quickly approach my room. Aria knocks quickly, and enters. "Okay, I have a few ideas." She states, out of breath, and I smile.

"Wait-" I stop her. "Does this look okay?" I ask, pulling out a floral shirt and dress pants. "If you're meeting some old women for tea, it's perfect!" She says sarcastically. "Ha, ha." I say, throwing the outfit on my bed.

"So," she says walking into my closet and holding up a dress. "Toby told me not to wear a dress, because he wants me to just be myself." I state, throwing that on my bed as well.

"Is his family rich? Are they poor? Well known? Criminals?" She asks. "They're rich, they live uptown. But how will this help?" I ask, as she examines my closet again.

"Well, depending on what their social status is, I can determine what's most appropriate to wear. For example, if he was a prince, you'd wear a gown. If he was poor, maybe a nice t shirt and jeans. If his family were known criminals, an outfit that shows your mysterious side." She says and I laugh.

"Whatever, Aria. This is why I called you." I say and she grins. "I have the perfect outfit for you!" She says, showing me a crop top and shorts. "Aria, I'd prefer to have something that covers me more." I point out and she sighs in frustration.

"You're making this difficult. Maybe he should just pick your outfit out." She says. "Come on, we're short on time!" I say impatiently, so she continues to search my closet.

"Here," she says handing me some black skinny jeans and a fancy tank top. "Is this too much?" I ask her, and she shakes her head. "Try it on!" She exclaims, and I quickly change out of my jogging pants and Toby's shirt to replace it with her outfit choice.

"You look beautiful! They're going to love you, Spence!" She smiles. "Thanks, but I don't think I'm that likeable. So I don't know." I say nervously. "You'll be fine, I promise." She says, and checks her phone.

"It's 4:50 pm, you have to be there at 5! Come on you have to go!" She exclaims. My eyes widen, and I quickly grab my phone, and text Toby I'm on my way.

"Thank you, Aria." I smile, as the two of us leave my house and get in our own vehicles. "Anytime, have fun!" She yells shutting her door and driving off.

I drive to Toby's, and get there at 4:58. I knock on the door, and wait for an answer. Moments later, the door opens to reveal Toby standing there, attempting to tie his tie.

"Oh, hi." He smiles, kissing my cheek, and gesturing for me to come in. "Hi.." I say, looking around in amazement at his house.

"Toby, you said you guys had money, but this?" I ask, in shock. "I didn't want to make a big deal out of it. So what, I have money?" He says. "It doesn't bother me, no. But wow, not what I was expecting." I smile, kissing his cheek.

"Here," I say leaning in close to him, and tying his tie for him. "Thanks," he smiles, holding my hands. I glance over his shoulder to see someone standing and watching us.

I clear my throat, so Toby turns and sighs. "Jenna, I told you not to freak her out." He says, talking to his sister, who I never met before.

"Spencer, this is my younger sister, Jenna." He smiles, gesturing for me to shake her hand. I shake her hand, and she hugs me. "Toby, she is beautiful!" Jenna exclaims, making both Toby and I blush.