Skinny Dipping

Spencer's POV:

It's a beautiful summer night. Toby and I decided we wanted to go camping together for a few nights, just the two of us, seeing we're best friends.

It's 9:30 PM, and the sun has already set. The only light besides the blazing fire we're sat around is the full moon overhead and the sky full of stars.

We arrived this afternoon, and pitched our tent right next to this lake so we can have a beautiful view.

As we sat around the fire, just enjoying each other's company, an idea comes to my head.

I look over to Toby, grinning widely at him. He notices me staring, and mimics my grin.

"What?" He asks, grinning too. "I have an amazing idea!" I exclaim, and his grin turns into a smirk.

"I'm intrigued; please share." He says, turning his chair towards me.

"We should go swimming." I tell him, smiling wide. "We don't have any swim suits, or even towels, Spence." He laughs.

"Let's skinny dip." I smirk. "Won't the water be freezing?" He asks. "Are you scared? Skinny dipping isn't even a big deal." I exclaim.

"Hey, hey, you have no experience." He protests
and I just smirk. "What?!" He asks in shock.

"Okay, okay, stop changing the subject. Are you scared, Tobes?" I grin, and after a minute he smirks.

"No, let's do it." He says, standing and I stand too. "Wait," he says. "We've never even seen this much of each other. We may be best friends but this is a new level." He tells me.

"Come on, will that really stop us? Toby don't think about it too much. It's just a fun, stupid teenage thing that we'll laugh about in 5 years. Also, it'll be a cool story to tell our friends." I say, and he nods.

"Okay, so who's going to get in first?" He asks, rolling the sleeves of his long sleeve shirt up. "Rock, paper, scissors. Loser goes in first." I say and he agrees.

"Rock, paper, scissors." We say in unison. I have paper, and he has rock.

"Yes!" I yell out, and he laughs. "Cover your eyes, and no peeking." He says and I nod.

I cover my eyes, but after a minute I peek out to see his muscular upper body.

Damn, he's attractive.

He notices my eyes peeking from behind my fingers, and throws his shirt at me.

"Hey! No peeking!" He exclaims laughing and I giggle. He walks over, turns me around himself and continues to undress.

"I'm in!" He yells, minutes later. I turn around and smirk to see he actually got in.

"Maybe I'll just stay out here?" I smirk, sitting down. "Hey! You promised!" He yells from the lake, and I begin to laugh.

"Don't you worry, Cavanaugh. I'm joining you." I say, standing. "No peeking." I smirk, repeating his words. He covers his eyes with his hands and I pull my shirt off.

I look over to the water and notice Toby is grinning at me. "No peeking!" I giggle, covering my upper body with the shirt I just removed.

He smirks, and turns around. I finish undressing, and throw my clothes all over the place; basically the same as Toby did.

I run into the water, and jump on Toby's back.

"See, this isn't even that cold!" I exclaim, and he laughs, putting his hand on my bare leg, helping me stay on his back without falling.

I jump off him, and begin to swim around. I dunk my head underwater, and push the wet hair from my face when I reach the surface of the water again.

"Your turn." I smirk, and he shakes his head. "You already got me in here with no clothes on, I'm not getting my hair wet." He says, folding his arms.

"Alright, alright fine." I say, but immediately splash him, getting his hair soaked.

"Spencer!" He exclaims, and I giggle. "Oops?" I say, unable to contain my laughter.

I attempt to swim away, but he's much faster. He grabs me by the waist and spins me around as I laugh the whole time.

When he spins me around, neither of us are talking, and our faces are that close we can feel each other's breaths.

I lean in a little closer, seeing if his reaction will change, or if he'll pull away. When he does neither, I lean in farther and kiss him gently.

I pull away from him for a moment, and our eyes are glued to each other.

This time, Toby leans in and kisses me. I place my hands in his hair as the kiss deepens, and his hands go down to my waist.

Then, Toby picks me up, puts me over his shoulder and begins to run out of the water and back onto land.

"Hey!" I giggle, trying to kick my legs but he has a grip on me so I won't slip.

Toby lays me down, immediately grabs the huge extra blanket we took, and sits on one of the chairs we were on.

He pulls me down on his lap, and covers us with the blanket as we kiss.

"Well, it's easy to say our friendship is effectively ruined." I say, making him chuckle.

"Eh, we weren't that close anyway." He replies, connecting our lips once again.

"Maybe we should go inside the tent before it goes any farther." I whisper into his ear as he kisses down my neck.

He stands, still carrying me, and I help hold the blanket up as he walks to the tent. We enter the small door of the tent, zip it up, and lay down on the blankets.

~~~next morning~~~

The following morning I begin to toss and turn around 9:40 AM. I open my eyes, and see Toby's still asleep, and our bodies are extremely close.

I smile to myself, remembering everything we got into last night.

"Toby." I whisper, shaking his body. "Wake up, its morning." I whisper and he groans, pulling the blankets farther over his head.

"Come on, lets go for an early morning swim and continue last night's dare." I tell him, and he opens one of his eyes.

"You really want to skinny dip again?" He asks and I nod. "Come on, it'll be fun I swear." I tell him, and finally manage to persuade him.

We peek outside to make sure we were still alone, and I begin running towards the lake.

Toby catches up to me, throws me over his shoulder and pulls me in the water with him.

"It's so cold." I exclaim, giggling.

Then, out of nowhere, he dunks me under the icy lake water.

"You're asking for it." I tell him once he lays me down.

•••

This highkey sucked sorry

but I hope you liked it :)

Comment thoughts?

**the dialogue in italics/underlined is a quote from Friends! (When mondler / monica and chandler / get together for the first time!