You let it die

River POV:

"So. What do you need help with?" I ask while munching very happily on pigs in a blanket. Sadly, I didn't have a blanket wrapped around me at that very moment.

"Book report." He states.

"Really?! It's that simple of homework? All you do is read the book and give a summary and your opinion in a well mannered way! And you need help with that?" I go ballistic by the complete idiot-icy that he shows.

"Yeah. . ." He twiddles hid fingers. He's nervous. Well he should be. Because who doesn't know how to 'book report'?

"What the book?" I sigh. I want more food.

"20,000 leagues under the sea." He blushes a little as he says this. But I couldn't care less because I am devouring the crust of a pizza.

"THEN READ IT ALREADY FISHY!!!!" I yell. I'm hungry still. So being the pizzaholic I am, I pick up another piece of pizza and lift it to my mouth. YYYYYUUUUMMMM!!!!

"Oh, so I've been promoted to Fishy, huh?" He wiggles his eyebrows.

"Just read it." I am super annoyed with him at the moment.

"But I didn't bring it." He admits sheepishly.

"Then go back home."

"But I told my parents that I have a sleepover." He whines.

"Fine. Then we are going to stay up all night and eat food." I grumble.

"I get to eat your food?"

"Ha ha. Nope. Never. Come near it and you die."

". . ."

"I thought so."

"Then can I at least have coffee?"

"No. We are going to watch something to scare you awake the whole night."

"Horror movies?" He looks scared! Poor little fish.

"Yup. Now The Ring or Mama?" I ask fishing out the movies.

He looks like a scared smurf! Aww! So cute!

"Mama. . ." He seems so scared like he's going to die if he makes the wrong decision.

I pop the disk into the slot and after a few infomercials, the movie opens on a plain of darkness.

-

"Can you at least pretend that you're scared?"

"Nope. Not a chance."

"Just do it."

"Okay. Aahhh. Save me. I'm so scared. Fish, help me." I deadpan.

"Come on! Really do it!"

"No can do, fishy mo mo."

Fine

Fine. Not that many horror movies, but still. Mama. K? We good here? 👍🏻