Chapter 1

A/N This is my first x Reader story and I'm going to use the same key as other authors. So
f/n = first name
l/n = last name
h/l = hair length
h/c = hair colour
n/n = nickname
e/c = eye colour
Based on Voltron. I will be working through some of the episodes in order but also add my own parts in as well. Although I am a klance shipper I am still writing this #NotSorry lol so please comment and give me feedback on this. Thanks 😉

Your POV 😉

1... 2... 3... 4... 1... 2... 3... Now!

I ran across the dimly lit corridor as silent as a mouse. For the past 6 months I've been timing the pace of the sentry robots in hope of escape. The Galra pod was insight, the hunk of purple metal loomed over me as I placed the hand of a now disarmed Galra robot onto the scanner.

BEEP!

The doors slid open and I hopped inside. The thrusters roared to life and clunked rustily out of the hangar into the depths of space. A clean escape, thank the lord. Punching in some coordinates to the only planet I know of, Arus, I let out a distress beacon to the Paladins of Voltron, Saviours of the Universe.

Allura's POV

We received a distress beacon directed towards the castle ship. The Paladins rushed into the control room just as I pulled up the video transmission. A young girl, about Shiro's age popped up. Sweat dripped from her forehead, hair a tangled mess and cuts, bruises and various other injuries were scattered about her body. She was panting heavily as red lights flashed and sirens blared out in her pod. There was a deafening silence.

"Hello Paladins of Voltron, my name is (f/n)(l/n) and I'm from Planet Earth. I was captured by the Galra around... Let me see... A year and a half ago; I was on a mission to rescue the men of the Kerberous mission but you probably won't know what that means." She mumbled quietly.

Shiro's eyes widen at the mention of the Kerberous mission. That was his mission, the mission he lost his crew, he was going to feel guilty later. She continued, running her hand through her (h/l)(h/c) hair.

"Heck I don't even know if you speak English. Anyway, I'm currently on a Galra escape pod heading towards Arus, or should I say crashing." She chuckled lightly to herself.

A huge jolt rippled through the pod like a stone in water. The distraught lady was thrown violently to the back of her vessel and slammed into the wall. She swayed back and forth, clutching her side. Blood was gushing out of a fresh, open wound. Limping towards the screen, she began to talk.

"Please Paladins you have to help me, the crash is now imminent." She began to tear up, "Please, I beg of you, I can give you information on Zarkon! Just... Please" she choked out.

The sirens became louder as another jolt pierced throughout the pod. An ear piercing scream echoed through the ship as the video cut off. An eerie silence was held between the Paladins until...

"I know that girl!"

Both Shiro and Keith had spoken in unison before turning to stare at each other.

"Well Keith, how do you know her?" Questioned Shiro.

"We grew up together in the orphanage." He muttered with a hint of shame, "What about you Shiro?"

"She was in my class at the Garrison before I went on the mission." He retaliated.

"Okay guys, we can discuss this later! Princess, how long ago was that video sent?" Intervened Pidge.

"Well that video was in present time which means.."

I was cut off by a loud explosion outside the castle towards the cliff edge. In sync we darted outside towards the wreckage with Coran left to guard our base.

Shiro's POV

The escape pod was poking out of the cliffside, doors ripped open, fire starting to brew and a helpless girl lying unconscious at the back.

"Right Paladins! Keith and I will use our jets to get down to the pod, Pidge and Lance will go get Lance's lion so his ice cannon can be used to extinguish the fire if it grows to large. Hunk and Allura will stay here and guard us. Got it?" I ordered.

Everyone nodded and went to their various positions.

"I'll go in first Shiro, I'm lighter than you."

"Yes but Keith, I can carry her out as I'm stronger."

We continued to glare at each other. Keith seemed very hostile over her and for some reason, so was I! I sighed heavily.

"Okay we both go in to balance the weight and avoid it going up in smoke alright?"

He nodded and flew right in. Lance's lion hovered outside, cannon at the ready. Keith reached (y/n) first.

"Hey (n/n), wake up come on, please open your eyes"

"Come on Keith" I said sternly, "Let's just get out of here"

I picked her up bridal style but as soon as I did the whole pod tilted dangerously forward. More fire began to spread closer. Keith moved backwards into the spot (y/n) was once in.

"I'll keep it balanced, you get her out of here quickly!" He yelled.

After a quick glance back I flew her outside and towards the top of the cliff, just as the exit was immediately engulfed in roaring flames.

"Keith!" I screamed as I heard strained coughs from inside.

Keith's POV

Smoke began to fill my lungs, the heat was unbearable. I fired up my jet pack before bursting through the flames. My jets stuttered and cut out, leaving me falling through the air. The CO2 within my lungs took over as I closed my eyes and went out like a light, waiting for the inevitable impact.

End Chapter 1

A/N (again) Hope you all enjoyed the first chapter of my Keith x Reader. Lemme know what you think and check out my other stories. They aren't Voltron related but are my original ideas so give them a read 😉

~ Lily