{4} Interview Pt 2

Your POV

Here I am, in front of the place I'm getting interviewed soon. I took a deep breath before knocking on the door.

"Wooaah, there partner! What happen after you met Gene and gang?" You asked.

Well, I would like say to your face if you were in front of me but oh well.

~ Flashback ~

"Y/N, ya going somewhere?" Gene asked.

"Yeap, I actually got a job interview to go to." I replied.

"What job you applied for?" Zenix and Sasha asked in unison.

"Well, its similar to my old job..."
"Which is?"
"Fuck off, Zenix! Let me finish my fucking sentence!"

I rolled my eyes as I said that.

"I mean, sorry man, but its true. That was a tad rude." Gene agreed, resulting in Sasha nodding.

"As I was saying before I rudely got interrupted," I paused, staring at Zenix. "I was a maid at a maid café."

"Oh! Are you applying for Kawaii-Treat Maid Sweet Café?" Gene asked, beaming.

I slowly nodded my head, cautiously.

"So your that new applicant Aph was talking about. Heh, I'm actually heading to her house now. Wanna come with?" Gene asked.

"What about Sasha and Zenix?" I asked.

"Hmm? Oh, don't worry about them. We were going our separate ways after having breakfast together." Gene explained.

Sasha and Zenix nodded.

"Besides, I told them that I needed to help Aph and Kawaii~Chan with their café. I just took this time to hang with my buddies!" He elaborated, smiling cheerfully.

Gene gave a quick wave to Zenix and Sasha before they started to leave. Then, Gene took a hold of my hand and head to the car park.

*********

The drive was silent. With Gene asking a few questions here and there and me giving an awkward response.

"Gene, about the café..." I scrunched up my face to find that one word I'm looking for. "I don't know, umm supposed to be maids?"

"Oh. Yeah, Aph and KC allowed me to join in. So its no longer a maid café. Its a maid and butler café."
"Oh, so whose employed so far?"
"I was the only applicant until you showed up."
"Okay. Say, why does the name Aphmau and Kawaii~Chan ring a bell?"

Gene looked at me, giving me an 'are-you-serious' look.

He took a deep breath before answering, "It's because you know them."

It took me a while to get that response into my head. But when it did, my response was simple.

"I did?"
"Yeah. Aph and KC were like your main gals."
"They were?"
"High school."
"Aah."
"Remember that one girl whose called potato? She had black hair and hazel eyes? Aphmau? Kawaii~Chan is a meif'wa. She hair pink hair, pink eyes, pink bow. Basically pink."

Gene explained.

I tried so hard to remember my days in high school.

Vylad introduced himself to the class and sat in front of me. A girl with black hair and hazel eyes walked towards him. She was with the white haired dude.

"Hi, Vylad! My name's Aphmau and this here is my not-alone buddy, Travis."

Ah, so that's Aphmau. Now for Kawaii~Chan.

Aphmau invited me for a sleepover. There, she introduced me to her friends. They were Teony, Lucinda, Nicole, Katelyn and Kawaii~Chan. Nicole and KC are in my homeroom but I didn't talk to anyone, before Vylad showed up.

I took out my phone and started scrolling through all the pictures and videos that I have.

I found a folder named 'Friends'. I clicked on it. To my surprise, there were more than 20 pictures. Excluding the videos.

Out of all the pictures, however, there's this one photo that caught my eye.

There were 4 girls, all smiling and posing. They were all happy.

To the furthest left, was a girl with long light blue hair and light blue eyes. Next to her was a girl with {H/L} {H/C} with {E/C}.

Wait, the one beside the blue girl. That's me.

I stared at myself for a while.

That's right... I had friends. Friends that will be there for me when I needed it. Friends I made during high school.

I felt a strong pint of guilt split my heart into two's and slowly shattering into millions of tiny pieces.

I left them. After what happened between me and Vylad.

Soon, Gene started to comfort me.

"There, there." He cooed.

"Aren't you driving?" I asked, trying my best not to be a waterfall before my interview.

"I parked. We're here." He told me.

"Gene?"
"Hmm?"
"Can I really do it? Ace the interview? After what I did? To Aphmau? To Kawaii~Chan? To everyone?"
"If I know anything about Aphmau is that she doesn't let go of her closest."

Gene patted my head, smiling at me sweetly.

"Come on, let's reunite you and everyone."

Once both of us were out of the car, Gene started to lead me to Aphmau's place.

~ End ~

--------------

A perfect way to end a chapter is to end it with a flashback.

Don't take it seriously.

Are you guys mad at me? For making Gene be that nice? I mean, he is but remember that this is a VyladxReader.

Not a GenexReader.

Is this chapter horrible? I didn't plan this one out. I wrote this after writing the last chapter soo yeah.

This chapter is like just flashbacks XD

Anyway, you know the drill.

Thanks for reading and have a nice day! Peace! ✌