#41

Manik droved back to Mirage only to be welcomed by Neonika !

He was not at all informed about her arrival !

Manik - Mom ?

He was surprised and as a gesture spread his arms for a warm hug. However , Neonika didn't reciprocated the same .

He lowered his hands !

Manik- Aap , aap kab aai ? You should have informed me earlier so that I could have picked you up from airport !

Neyonika conveniently lied - I informed Cabir and he came to pick me up .

He was disappointed .

His mother prioritised to inform his friend over him .

But he didn't showed that and asked with a smile -

Aapne breakfast kiya ? Nahi toh hum sath mein karte hai !

Neyonika replied curtly - Yes ! And I have work !

She didn't acknowledged his present and moved towards her room !

Manik sighed and sat on the dining table for breakfast .

A helper soon came and served him a cup of black coffee and variety of dishes .

He zoned out for a while and his thoughts ran back to the recent happenings .

Suddenly he frozed while drinking his coffee cause of a shocking realisation .

He at once took his phone and dialled George's number .

George picked his call at the next minute .

George - Good Morn....

Manik - Cut the formality George and answer for what I ask !

George replied in one syllable!

Manik - What about that video fiasco ? Found any suspect ?

George - Sir ! It seems to be a planned event as we found the original disc in the parking yard and that to had the same clip . So that means the other video was anyhow gonna be aired ! Maybe someone replaced it after you people stepped on the stage .

Manik - Did you found any unusual happening ? Even a slightest thing ?

George thought for a while and said-

I bumped into an American guy near the music room when you were on air but he was one of the guest and was looking for restroom .

Manik - Are you sure the one whom you bumped into was an American guy ?

George - Means ? I didn't got you ?

Manik - No problem!

But i understood the game !

He smirked devilishly !

Manik - And the last thing ,