the one where she apologizes

Emi woke up early that morning.

She glanced downward at the arm around her waist and she smiled, turning her head to look at Joji's sleeping figure.

He was snuggled closely against her, and she could feel his breath against the back of her neck.

Her face hurt slightly from all of the crying the night before, but she felt rather better after it.

She was still slightly groggy, but after resting there for another minute or two, she remembered that yesterday was his first day back, and she probably made it horrible.

Then she also remembered...

She worked at a place where she baked goods.

George loved almost anything baked.

Emi tried to quietly get up, but was stopped by the grip around her waist being tightened.

George's face was buried deeper into the crook of her neck.

She sighed softly, eyes slightly wide. 

She slowly grabbed his arm, and lifted it enough to get out of his grip.

When she had managed to stand up, he rolled onto his stomach, almost face first into where she had been laying.

He let out a deep breath and Emi watched him for a moment.

She stepped forward, and waved her hand in front of his face, waiting for his eyes to open.

But, they never did.

He lay there, fast asleep.

So, with a bit of a pep in her step, and determination in her mind, she quietly walked out of her own room, and went to the kitchen, listing off what she would need to make cinnamon buns.

~~~

She had just rolled them, and  added all of the cinnamon and sugar, and slid them into the oven, beginning to clean up her mess as she set the timer.

Just as she had finished cleaning and putting away everything that she had used, she heard a door shut.

She waited quietly, frozen in one spot.

Suddenly, she heard the shower turn on, and she quietly stalked back into the bedroom, to see that George was no longer in bed.

She smiled and moved back into the kitchen, sitting on top of the counter as she glanced out the window, which was right above the sink.

It looked like a nice warm day.

She had today off, and then two more days of school before she was out for the summer.

The morning was peaceful, and the smell of cinnamon buns was slowly filling the room.

She kicked her legs out softly, leaning back on her hands as she continued to watch the world.

She was so amazed by the trees and green, that she didn't even hear the soft pattering of feet coming down the hallway, and she didn't notice George with sweatpants and no shirt, drying his hair with a towel as he stepped into the kitchen, his nose leading him completely.

He was practically salivating.

He sniffed and looked at the oven, but then he looked up and saw Emi.