the one where it's all comfort

Emi was sitting on a bench, a few stray tears escaping her eyes. 

Sota's sweater was on her body, the fabric far too big on her. 

Sota felt a little guilty for having thinking about how cute she looked with the sweater paws, the bottom of the sweater falling all the way to her thighs. 

He had returned after a few short minutes of being away, a plastic bag, and a drink in his hands. 

He had a warm chai tea, that he handed to her carefully. 

She took it in between the sweater paws, taking a deep breath. 

Sota took the rest of the contents out. 

Just two bottles of water, a package of jolly ranchers and some instant noodles inside. 

"Can I have your shirt, please?" he asked softly, pointing to her wet shirt that was sitting beside her on the bench. 

She moved the sweater away from her hand before picking it up and handing it to him. 

He refolded it neatly and placed it inside the bag before packing some of the contents up inside of it. 

He opened one of the bottles, passing it to her gently. 

She grabbed it and took a sip before handing it back to him. 

"I'm sorry." She let out. 

"Don't." Sota replied softly. 

"You haven't done anything wrong. Nothing to apologize for. I would come get you no matter where you were." He said, his heart racing a bit as he poured his sincerity into the words. 

Emi looked between his eyes for a moment before letting out a breath. 

She set the drink on the bench behind her and scooted forward, wrapping her arms around his torso. 

"Thank you." She mumbled, the sound muffled into his chest but he heard it loud and clear. 

He wrapped his arms around her, his heart simultaneously aching and beating fast. 

"Of course," he replied. 

"Of course." he said again, burying his nose into her hair. 

She let go of him eventually, but he kept his arm around her, his instinct to protect her was so strong. 

Like she was made of the most delicate glass in the world. 

"Listen, if you," he began after a while of her calming down. 

She looked up at him, raising an eyebrow slightly. 

"If you want to... talk about it... Whenever, I'll... I'll listen. It doesn't have to be right now. It doesn't have to be at all if you don't want it to be but... I'm, I'm here for you." He stuttered out. 

Emi sighed, "I don't want to talk about it right now but... Maybe later. Back at the hotel." She replied. 

He nodded, "Of course."

Emi smiled at him, and his throat tightened. 

The smile was slightly broken but it was there and it was Emi and Sota was glad to see it. 

She leaned back into his chest, his arm tightening slightly around her. 

"I really appreciate you being here."