the one with the rain

The three friends stood at the airport doors. 

the rain poured.

They all stood at that glass door, watching as if fell. 

Sota, standing between the two girls, slowly slipped his left arm around Emi's shoulders, and the other around Haru's. 

"Girls," he began. "Welcome to New York." 

Emi looked up at Sota, a slight frown on her face. 

Then, she looked to Haru, who gazed back at her with a matching frown. 

"I'll ask someone to call a taxi." Emi said, slipping out of Sota's arm. 

His arm slowly fell to his side. 

He watched as she walked towards the uniformed staff, looking down after a few moments. 

Haru watched his expression, leaning into him slightly. 

He didn't notice. 

As Emi walked towards the staff members, a few squelchy footsteps were heard, before her arm was grabbed. 

She turned quickly to see who was gripping her arm so tightly. 

As her forest green eyes met his wide, dark brown ones... she sucked in a breath so sharp, it cut her like a dagger. 

And just like that, every emotion she could possibly feel flooded her veins, and froze her like liquid nitrogen. 

Whether it was a tear that fell from his cheek or a rain drop, she didn't know. 

But she knew that familiar feeling, the one she felt as he wrapped his arms around her, pulling her to him as if  she were the only thing keeping him from floating through the world. 

"Emi," he breathed. 

She was still frozen, but as she heard the quick steps of her friends, particularly her name worriedly called out from Sota's mouth, she regained her bearings. 

"George."