Unexpectedly Surprised

(Youngjae's outfit for this nightly moment)

9:30pm
2 weeks later

Walking home from a day at the cafe, Youngjae not fully paying attention as his mind was wondering.

He was almost home till he heard soft sniffling in an alley way. "Just ignore it.... Ignore it."

The soft sniffles turned into sobs and Youngjae couldn't do it anymore. He ran into the alleyway where the sobs where coming from, he eyes searched and there was the source.

A very small naked curled up child maybe about one years old was there sobbing her eyes out on the cold alley floor.

The child heard him walk towards her and looked up.

"Ma!" The child sobbed, reaching out to him and he immediately picked her up and nestled her in his fluffy sweater holding her tightly against him, she was so cold and fragile in his arms.

Running carefully not to hurt the small girl in his arms towards his apartment as her sobs turned into soft whimpers as the wintery air hit the both of them.

As soon as he made it to his apartment he walked up to the bathroom and turned on the hot water. He placed her inside when it was the right temperature and gently cleaned her.

After she was cleaned, he treated her bruises and cuts which she screamed and cried at the stinging of the neosporin. It caused the stinging in his heart to grow with every cry and scream.

The little one sniffled after she was treated, he wrapped her in his fluffy blankets put on a cartoon which was her main focus at the moment and called Yugyeom.

"Hey Youngjae what's up?" the younger male said which sounded more like a question than an answer.

"Hey Yugyeom can you quickly go to the store and buy baby food, diapers, and small clothing?" Youngjae asked in a quiet voice not to distract the little one who giggled at the main character tripping.

"Youngjae... I don't remember Jaebum getting you pregnant!"

"Yah I'm not! Just trust me and bring them!"

"Okay.. I will be there in half in hour..."

As the line went off Youngjae sighed and looked at the little girl on his lap. "Do you have a name?"

The baby looked up at him and giggled before returning to the tv screen. He chuckled and began thinking of names to give till one came up, "Oh what about Irene!"

When the name was said the girl leaned on him and rolled off his lap and looked up at him with big eyes and a wide gummy smile.

"Irene it is."

A soft knock was heard on the door and it made him sigh with relief. He got up and placed Irene on the couch so that he could walk over and open it.

"Okay Youngjae, what's going on?" Yugyeom asked walking inside with 4 bags. 2 was full of clothes and the other 2 had baby food.

"Walk over to my couch slowly and don't make a noise."

The taller gave him a look but did as he said and gasped at the sight of Irene, "How? Why?"

"I found her in an alleyway and I couldn't just leave her there."

"Youngjae... Are you going to go to the DCFS place? Yugyeom quietly asked and Youngjae's face fell, "I don't have a choice..."

He lifted up the baby as she whined but snuggled into his hug. Yugyeom pulled out the clothes and food for Irene but smiled at how adorable she was.