The Ball Family

It was the first game of the season and I was pumped. I was ready to cheer and see the boys play. They've been looking so much better during practice. I was in the gym with the other cheerleaders and the ball teams before the game started. A few people were here but not much because they didn't let the general admission in yet. It was just families and people who are going to help with the game.

I was stretching with some of my teammates when someone calls my name.

I look over and see that its Lonzo. He and I have been getting much closer these past three months. Of course my crush for him grew but I wouldn't pass any boundaries because he had a girlfriend but I could tell he was feeling me too.

I walk over to him and a lady, a man and three boys.

I could tell that they were his family because I recognized them from pics and I recognized his brothers from when I would be chilling with Lonzo and they would FaceTime.

"Hey Zo." I say giving him a quick hug.

"Malika this is my mom Tina, my dad Lavar. You met my brothers LiAngelo and LaMelo, and my brother from another mother Eli. Guys this is Malika she's one of my close friends."

"Hi everyone." I say looking up to them because they were all pretty tall compared to my short self.

"Oh my you are so pretty." Tina says pulling me into a hug.

"Thank you! You are gorgeous."

"Damn Malika you a baddie." LaMelo says.

I couldn't help but laugh at him. I knew he had a little crush on me."Thanks Melo."

I talk to his family for a bit until it was time to get ready to amp up the crowd because a lot of them were coming in.

"It was so nice meeting you all but I have to go get ready to cheer. Talk to y'all later." I say then give them all a quick hug.

"Go get em Zo." I say doing a quick handshake with Zo.

I go back over to my team and we start chanting some light cheers to get the crowd pumped.

It is soon time for tip off and we spilt up and go to our different positions on opposite sides of the court.

Throughout the game we would cheer whenever the team made points. Then during halftime did a performance that me and Donyea came up with.

The boys were really blowing this team out and it was kind of sad to watch.

At the end of the game the score was 119-80.

After the game I go change into some clothes and go back to the gym to say bye to all the players and coaches.

As I am about to head out LaMelo stops me.

"Hey Malika you should come chill with us."

"I don't know Melo. I don't want to impose on y'all family time."

"You already apart of the family because you my boo."

"Melo if you don't go somewhere." I say laughing at him.

"But for real come chill with us."

"Alright boo let's go."

"It took some convincing but I got my baby to agree to coming with us. She didn't want to 'impose' on family time."

I shook my head and rolled my eyes at Melo.

"What's good around here?" Lonzo's dad asked.

"Monty's" Lonzo and I answer at the same time.