We Keep Grinding

It was second round of the NCAA tournament and I was excited for the guys. I know this game was going to be intense because it was the second seed Kentucky going against the third seed UCLA and both teams had a lot to prove. Everyone was also hyping up the game because De'Aaron and Lonzo were expected to be drafted very high and everyone wanted to know who the best was out of the two.

I was with Lonzo's family and some of his close friends ready to cheer for him. Unfortunately mama Tina wasn't there because she was still recovering from the stroke she had. I know that it has been hard on Lonzo and everyone so I tired to help as out as possible. I would constantly visit his mom and help with anything she need. Although she was back in Cali I know she was cheering Zo on.

"Y'all ready for this?" I ask Melo and Gelo.

"We already know Zo gonna ball out." Gelo says.

"Facts."

The guys take photos with some of the fans around them. Some of them even recognized me and wanted photos.

We sat down and got ready for the game to start. From the start of the game Kentucky has been playing aggressive.

In the first half of the game the score is 36 and 33 with Kentucky in the lead. I wasn't too worried because I feel like the guys could bounce back from that and take the lead. This game was still pretty close for the most part.

As Zo was walking towards the locker room he stopped by us.

"Babe y'all gotta lock up on De'Aaron. Y'all are allowing him to get hot and if he gets hot he's gonna keep scoring."

He nods at what I say and they walk into the locker room.

"What you think bout to happen?" Gelo ask me.

"Hopefully they turn this game around. If they don't lock down on De'Aaron and find away to create shots for each other it's a wrap."

The guys take more photos with fans before the second half.

The second half starts and the guys try to over come the lead but they couldn't seem to do it and De'Aaron kept heating up. We ending up losing which meant we were out of the tournament.

After they shook hands with the other team all the boys went to the locker room to change, debrief and get ready for press conferences.

The rest of us walked out towards a private room to wait for them.

We were all kind of quiet because we wanted Zo and the guys to win. Especially me because of the connection I have with the guys. I know that they were grinding really hard this year to be at the top again.

While we were waiting I was scrolling on social media and a lot of people were talking shit about Zo so I had to lock my phone before I cursed some people out.

When Zo comes in you could see how upset he was. He went around the room talking to different people and when he got to me he just laid his head on my chest while I hugged him and kissed him on his head.

"Babe it's okay. We win some and we lose some but we keep fighting and showing people how talented you are. We keep grinding and proving people wrong. Now you just gotta focus on getting right for summer league. I love you and I think you did your best this year. Look how you turned everything around and made UCLA something to be talking about again. You did that babe. I'm proud of you. Okay?"

He looked up at me, nodded and gave me a kiss.

After he gets off me I walk over to Bryce and pull him into a hug.

"Y'all tried y'all hardest best friend. You're leaving senior year with a bang. Don't forgot that. I'm proud of you and your accomplishments Bryce. Remember that." I say pulling him into another hug.

After I release I went around to the other guys giving them hugs and messages.

When I was done I went back over to Lonzo and the boys.

"Zo and Lika let's roll out." Lavar says.

We leave and as we were leaving a bunch of photographers were surrounding Zo asking him questions about the game.

He just ignored them and got into the car.

We drive off to the hotel and went straight to our room.

Lonzo went to go talk to Lavar and his uncles. So Melo, Gelo, Dame, Isabella, and I were sitting around chilling.

"What y'all wanna do? I'm bored." Melo says.

"Lets just stay in and watch some movies. I'm not really in the mood to go out and do anything."

"Agreed." Isabella says coming to lay down on me.

We all settle down on the beds and start watching Friday.

When Lonzo came back from speaking to his dad and uncles he laid down right next to me.

I take his hand and lock it with mine and then I kissed his hand. He kisses my head.

We spent the rest of the night watching movies until most of us fell alseep.

*Before y'all kill me hear me out. I've been super busy with school and work. So I'm sorry for not posting. Enjoy this little chapter. I'm writing the next chapter right now and I am going to try to get it out before the week is finish. Please don't forget to vote and comment. I get really excited reading y'all comments. Thanks for reading💖*