L+M

It's been a couple weeks since Lonzo and I stopped talking and I've been keeping my distance from him. I ignored his text, calls, snapchats, emails, and just his presence. Fortunately I haven't really seen him outside of games and at the games I make sure I am one of the first people leaving that arena.

Today the guys are playing against Arizona State and it should be a pretty good game. I suit up and get ready to start cheering.

At the start of the game Arizona takes the lead but then the guys are able to stop them and take the lead. Around the four minute mark of the first half of the game I see Lonzo try to block a shot but come down funny. I knew he hurt himself but he kept trying to play. You could tell he was hurt by the way he was playing the rest of the game. The boys were able to walk away with the win. I was going to check on Lonzo to see if he was okay but I was still upset about what happened. I got my stuff and I started walking towards the exit of the arena when my arm is pulled. I turn around to see Bryce.

"Hey good game." I say to him pulling him into a hug.

"Thanks but I have a bone to pick with you. When are you and Lonzo gonna start talking?"

"Who dat?" I say rolling my eyes.

"Malika stop it. I'm serious."

"I honestly don't know. I'm still mad about what happened."

"Malika you need to talk to him. I know you miss him.

"I don't."

"Malika you might be able to fool everyone else but you can't fool me. I know you have a crush on him and I know he has feelings for you too."

"I don't." I say rolling my eyes.

"Malika." He say giving me this look.

"Okay I do but I'm not going to act on it besides I'm not talking to him."

"Malika you are going to talk to him later."

"Nope."

"Malika if you don't go talk to him. Imma snitch to your Ma and Pops about what really happened to the money they sent you for books."

"Wowwww. That's crazy I can't believe you really tell on me to my parents. Where's the loyalty?"

"Whatever now go."

"Bye meanie."

"Later 'Lika." He says giving me a hug.

I get to my dorm take a quick shower and get changed into some shorts and a tank top.

I walk to Lonzo's room is on and knock on the door.

"Who is it?" I hear him call out.

I take a deep breath. "It's Malika."

I can hear movement behind the door until it's opened and I see Lonzo with a little crutch to help him walk.

"Hey Zo. Can I come in?" He gestures his hand to the room. I walk in and wait for him to sit on his bed before sitting next to him.

"What's up?" I say to him.

"I've been trying to talk to you for weeks and all I get is a what's up?" He says rolling his eyes at me.

"What the fuck do you want me to say Zo? You defended your girlfriend who spit on me and called me out my name serval times. Me whooping her ass was justified."

"Look I'm sorry but that doesn't mean you ignore me for weeks."

"You know what forget I came here. I hope you have a speedy recovery and a nice life." I say starting to rise up off the bed.