Damn.

I was on my way to Lonzo's room to pick him up so he and I can go to the arcade with some of the guys. Before I knock on his room door I can hear him yelling on the phone.

I knock and the door and he opens it still into his conversation. I just walk in and lay on his bed while he talks on the phone.

"Denise the problem is that you're not being supportive! When's the last time you came to a game of mine or even came to see me?... Exactly! You always complain about the fact that we never see each other anymore but you don't wanna make the effort to see me!... What the fuck does Malika have to do with us? She's not not the one I'm going out with it's you. So keep her out of this."

Them arguing has become a regular thing in the past couple months.

They keep going back and forth for a bit until I grab his phone.

"Hey Denise Zo will talk to you later. We gotta get going so we can chill with the guys." Before she can say anything I hang up.

"You're welcome now let's go."

"Malika what did you just do?"

"Look Zo you guys seem like you've been arguing for a minute and we got stuff to do. So get your stuff and let's go."

"You just added fuel to the fire."

"Oh well if she has a problem she can take it up with me another time now let's go and leave your phone. No distractions."

"What if my mom wants to talk to me?"

"She got my number and I spoke to her earlier today she know's your gonna be with me. Now let's go!"

"You're something else." He says looking down and laughing at me.

"Don't I know it." I say looking up to his eyes. I break the stare so things wouldn't get awkward.

Lonzo and I leave his dorm and hop in his car to go meet the guys at the arcade.

"Finally you guys are here! What took so long?"

"Denise and I were going at it for a bit." He says while bro hugging some of the guys.

"Damn Zo. When aren't y'all arguing? Let's have some fun to take your mind off of it." Bryce says.

We enter the arcade and go off playing different games.

I can honestly saying I'm having a bunch of fun.

I stop by this basketball game and try to play it. Key word try, I absolutely suck at shooting.

"For a girl that loves basketball so much you suck at it."

"I never said I loved playing it. I suck at shooting."

"Come on let me help you." He says standing behind me.

I could feel my body tense up a bit.

"First things first you gotta relax." He says laughing.

I take a deep breath and relax myself.

He leans over my shoulder and wraps his arms around me helping me hold the ball.

"All you gotta do it set your hands this way and shoot." He says shooting the ball with me and it goes in.

We keep shooting till all of my balls go in.

"Thank you so much Zo!" I yell while jumping into his arms.

I could feel the vibrations of his laugh through my body. I realized how our position would look to others and quickly released him.

"You the best Zo!"