17. You'll Be My Stone

So much on my mind, I think I think too much

The shouts and screams are barely quietened as I pull the covers of my duvet over my head, trying to block it out. My mind races with unpleasant thoughts.

Read between these lines, unspoken weight of words

Tears stream down my face as I pull out my phone, the screen blurred. I text him, the only one that can help. 

You: Hug me please just make me feel okay

But time comes to rest when you are by my side, it blurs

Joe: What's happened? Are you okay? Just breath, I'm on my way.

And I will follow where this takes me

I hold my knees to my chest, trying to quieten the sobs escaping my mouth, my whole body shaking.

And my tomorrows long to be unknown

I hear a soft knock on my window and it silently opens. Footsteps make their way over to my bedside. The duvet is lifted and he crawls in.

When all is shaken, be my safety

He wraps his arms around me, and I bury my head into his chest. His warmth embraces me, making me feel safe and wanted.

In a world uncertain, say you'll be my stone

His large hand rubs circles on my back, and he kisses the top of my head.

"I'll keep you safe don't worry, I'm here," He whispers into my ear.

Oh steady me, be my source of gravity

I clutch onto him as if he's the only thing keeping my feet on the ground, from stopping me from drifting away.

While my world's unravelling

Everything I knew was coming undone, my life was now just a pile of ripped up memories floating around.

Say you'll never change,

"Please... please never leave me, I need you... I need you here. Don't ever change... please." I mumble, scared what his response will be.

And I will follow where this takes me

"I won't leave you, don't you worry about that. I'll always be here when you need me." He answers, a strong note of assurance in his mellow voice.

And my tomorrows long to be unknown

My tears slowly dry up as we stay like this, wrapped up in each other under the covers.

When all is shaken, be my safety

I couldn't be more thankful for him. He keeps me sane when I want to go insane, and he keeps my world spinning normally instead of it spinning out of control.

In a world uncertain, say you'll be my stone

"Thank you, Joe. Thank you so so so much." 

Be my stone

"For what?"

In a world uncertain, say you'll be my stone

"For being my stone."

A/N

This song literally makes me think about life. Like for example, what effect am I having on people and what is my purpose here on this planet. This song really gets to me the most cause it makes me think about this one person who just makes everything alright when I think the universe honestly wants me to have a complete mental breakdown and go psycho. I don't know what I'd do without them or all my other "stones" that keep me grounded. It's like I can just relate to all of these songs and that they were written about my life. It's weird, but I don't know I just really connect with them lol. This also makes me think why I was made the way I am. Like why do I ramble all the time, why am I so awkward, and about a million other dumb things. I wanna be someone else's stone now cause I want to give them that same feeling of reassurance. I want to have a bigger effect on people and just be a good friend to them. Now that I'm done writing a literal paragraph about nothing, I'll just get to the point. Alessia is an amazing artist and I just relate and connect to her a lot. This song really makes me get DEEEEEEEEPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPP about a LOT of stuff...... I hope you have someone that can be your stone in times of need, and if you don't you can always message me. I'm always here if you need some advice or just want to talk.

 Love you guys <3