ch. 15

“What do you mean you can't help him?!”

“Ma’am, I never said that-”

Doctor Rhee was cut off by the only voice heard throughout the hospital.

“You just said that!”

“I said that we don't know what's causing his illness. He's having the effects a sick person would have; fever, vomiting, chills, weakness and etc. The doctors and I are trying to figure this out as we go. Jimin has been sick for a very long time with the cycle repeating itself over and over again, only each time he comes back it is worse than befores checkup. We've given him everything to stop it but the dilemma just doesn't seem to end.”

Aeri threw her head back, rubbing her temples as she thought. What hurts more than your own child not getting well and the high possibilities of them never getting well? Her floral blouse flew out from under her tucked jeans and she straighten up her posture. Suddenly, she then reaches into her black purse and pulls out a handful of cash punching it in his chest. Desperation in her voice before she could break.

“Help him!” she whimpers before walking away, leaving him standing like a fool. A few staffs tried to comfort her as she made her way down the hall but she pushes them away. It was only a matter of time left, but she didn't know.

----------------

“You know everybody hates the museum.”

“Oh, be quiet you fool.”

Aeri glares at Jung and hands her a ticket. After visiting the hospital and lashing out at the doctor, Aeri wanted to have a fun day with everyone, including Jimin.

“Here's your ticket.”

Yoongi hands Jimin his ticket. Accepting it rather harshly, Jimin pulls his coat and two blankets close to him before Jung wheels him off in his wheelchair.

Gathering up at the front lobby with a handful of others, everyone stood in a bundle before their tour guide came up to them.

“Hello my name is Rin and I'll be your tour guide today. Ready to get started?”

Jung reaches over to Yoongi and rolls her eyes.

“In her dreams.” she grumbles before everyone began to follow her into the narrow hallway.

------

An hour of touring and they still weren't done yet. Everyone in the Park family were bored out of their wits besides Aeri and Yoongi who clearly had no idea of how a museum worked. The only fun thing to see were the floral colors spotted on the fluorescent  walls and the unexplained artifacts in the “century goods” room. Walking past the main lobby, Rin motions everybody to go into one of the rooms. Besides the purple light hanging from the high ceiling, everyone couldn't help but admire a gem placed in one of the displayed case.

“Wow, that is beautiful,” Sohyun exclaims and playfully hugs Yoongi. Yoongi tries to push her off as Jimin saw from the corner of his eyes. The wheeled boy turns away and Jung pushes him to the side.

“Stop,” Jung hisses at Sohyun and the room grew quiet.

“This will be our last destination.”

Rin goes to the front of the room and stands next to the display case.

“Have you guys ever heard of Hwa’s stone?”

The crowd murmurs and fell silent. A few other staffs came in and stood at the back of the room waiting to hear for the famous story to proceed. Aeri shifts in her place and puts her hands underneath her armpits.