CHAPTER 4: JUST FRIENDS

♡ELIZABETH'S POV♡

3 weeks have passed and right now, I'm at the Cafe with Diane. We're working together.

"What's... your order, Sir?" I asked.

"Um, 2 milkshakes, please," he said and I wrote down his order and left. After a few minutes I gave his order and after that, I left and find Diane.

"Diane!" I called because I saw her staring at a poster.

"Oh!" She jumped.

"What are you staring at?" I asked and she pointed at the poster. So, I looked at it.

"What's that?" I asked.

"I wanna join!" She suddenly shouted.

"Where are you gonna join?"

"To this competition. It's for all the waitresses!" Her eyes sparkled.

"Why?" I asked. Why do I keep asking questions? I thought. And with those thoughts, I decided to looked at the poster.

"Legendary Maid?" I said.

"Yeah! If you are the cutest, most polite, most cheerful, most beautiful waitress in the whole cafes here in Tokyo, you will be famous and you'll be called, "The Legendary Maid"," Diane explained.

"So, why don't we join? Let's make a bet. If one of us won the competition, wins," she said and I smiled.

"Okay, sure," I said.

"But, how can we join?" I asked.

"Oh, the manager will watch us and pick 5 waitresses and those 5 waitresses will compete for the final round. The waitresses and the other waitresses from another cafes will compete. They have to show the audience and the judges what is being a waitress really should be. And for the winner, she'll earn the title of "The Legendary Maid"," Diane explained.

"Oh, okay," I said. Suddenly, someone entered.

"Diane!" Liz said. Liz saw me with Diane.

"Elizabeth!" Liz ran to me and hugged me.

"Liz, how are you doing?" I asked.

"How? When? Why did you come back?!" She said with smiles.

"I came back a week ago," I said.

"Elizabeth, do you... know Vivian?" She asked and my smile disappeared.

"Yes," I said looking at the another direction.

"And do you know about their relationship?" She asked and I nodded.

"That they're lovers, right?" I said making a fake smile.

"What? You still don't know?!" Diane shouted.

"What do you mean?" I asked looking at them.

"They broke up!" Liz said and my eyes went wide.

"But, why?" I asked.

"Captain told us that he broke up with Vivian because the woman he truly loves returned. He broke up with her since the day when Vivian got angry at the time she found out about your relationship," Diane said. My tears flow down.

"Elizabeth?" They said.

"But... he... shouldn't have done that," I said looking down.

"Why?" Liz asked.

"I'm... I'm...I'm engaged," I said slowly.

"What?!" They said with wide eyes.

"Who's your fiance?" Liz asked.

"Ka... Kanata Andoh," I said.

"Wait, the Famous Artist in England?" Diane said and I nodded. Suddenly, someone entered and that person sat down.

"Diane, get that person's order. I have to clean the tables," I said wiping my tears.

"Hey, I'm going to sit down. Diane, I'll wait for you," Liz said.

"Okay, Liz. Elizabeth, you should do it, I have to use the restroom," Diane ran there. I walked to that person. It's a boy.

"Um, what is-" before I could finish my sentence, that guy grabbed my arm and dragged me outside. I can't see his face because he's wearing a cap.

"S-sir, where are you taking me?!" I asked with a scared voice. He didn't answer. I can't escape due to the tightness of the way he grabbed my arm. We stopped. He turned around and removed his cap. My eyes went wide and it reveals Meliodas.

"Meliodas?!"

"Elizabeth, can we still be like before?" He asked and I stared at him.

"What do you mean?" I asked.

"I love you, Elizabeth. I can't live without you. I don't know what I'll do If you're aren't with me," he said.

"Meliodas, I'm sorry. I love you, but, right now, I love you as a friend," I lied. I'm still in love with Meliodas.

"Is that it? After all we've been through," he cried.

"Fine, we're just friends," he ran away crying. I, too, was crying. I walked back at the cafe.

"Elizabeth! Where did you go?!" Liz asked.

"Nothing," I said.

Time Skip...

Time for me to head home. I walked in a silent street and it feels like someone is following me. I got really nervous. I tried to run but, someone grabbed my arm.

"Where are you going, little girl?" A man said and I looked at him. He is very scary and looked dirty.

"P-Please, let me go," I begged.

"What if I don't?" He chuckled.

"Let me go!" I yelled.

"Why, you! Be quiet!" He yelled.

"Help! Someone!" I shouted.

"No one's gonna help you, little kid," he smirked. What's he gonna do to me?

"You know, you have pretty face. But, that face won't last for long," he said and suddenly, 2 more men came out. One has a rope and the other one has a baseball bat.

"Oh, so you don't know. We kill girls with pretty faces," he smirked and the other men with baseball bat came closer to me. I already have tears.

"Aww~, don't worry, little girl. This will hurt, a lot," and they laughed.

"No, no!" I screamed and I closed my eyes. Suddenly, I heard a bone cracking. I looked up to see what's going on. My eyes went wide. The person who's fighting them is... Meliodas.

"Meliodas?" I said to myself.

He kicked them in their face and their stomach. Once they're all weak he said something.

"Touch my girl again and that's not what you'll only get," he said to them and they ran away as fast as they can. I stared at him with watery eyes.

"Elizabeth, are you okay?" He put his hand out. My tears streamed down. I stood up by myself and hugged him tightly.

"Meliodas... Meliodas..." I said with a scared voice. He pushed me away and break the hug. I stared at him confused.

"Just be more careful next time so this won't happen again. And so that I won't have to worry for saving you all the time," he said and that last sentence hit me. So that means, he was just... forcing himself to... save me?

I stayed silent and watched him as he walked away.

※MELIODAS' POV※

I walked away because of the pain seeing her crying. I hate it when she cries. I just wanna see her smile but...

I sighed and went home.

I guess we're just friends.