Saviour

The poor girl looks so pitiful, the twin closest to her thinks as he stares down at the pale haired girl. Her face is already bruising and he can see her shaking almost violently. Without thinking, he reaches out and pulls her into a hug. Nozomi tenses up at the sudden contact, but doesn't pull away from the man. Her hands slowly reach up and wrap around his back. The twin, Kaoru, waits patiently for the girl's body to stop shaking as badly but jolts slightly as he realizes that she's started to cry and her hands are clenching the fabric of his shirt. Moments later, a small sob is heard. He whispers calming things to her as he runs his hand gently up and down her back.
                       "What are you doing with my daughter you demon!?" A voice calls out, bouncing off the walls of the alleyway.
Kaoru turns around, keeping the girl with him, and faces his leader seething at him. The man at the front of the alley glances down at the knocked out men and nudges them with his shoe experimentally. They grunt but don't move. The girl is still crying into Kaoru's shirt, the only noise coming from her is an occasional hiccup as Kaoru continues to soothe her.
"Boss, you really need to quit calling every girl you run into your daughter. That's a little creepy. And I'm comforting her, if you can't tell." Kaoru answers calmly.
His brother comes back into the alley and drags the thugs out onto the sidewalk before coming to stand by his twin.
"Hey, it's okay now. No one's going to hurt you, I promise. Are you okay?"
Nozomi lifts her head and stares up at the boy wide eyed, her tears starting to dry, and nods her head. Her face turns red as she looks down to find herself holding onto him so tightly and quickly lets him go. Kaoru chuckles slightly and she turns around to find the other two men standing there.
"So, Hikaru, Kaoru, what happened?" The newcomer asks.
                          Once the twins explain what they'd seen, they wait uncertainly for his reaction.
"Oh my poor daughter! How could anyone hurt you!?" He yells, tears streaming down his cheeks.
He goes to hug her and she squeaks before hiding behind Kaoru and grips his shirt. His face falls, then seems to realize something.
"You still have the backpack?"
She peeks carefully around his side and nods. "Y-You're the one who helped me?"
"Yes. I saw you at the park last night when you passed out. My friend gathered the items for me and we took care of you. You called me earlier today." He explains.
"Thank you." She bows her head in respect then promptly resumes her hiding behind the boy again.
"I'm Suoh Tamaki. These are my friends Hitachiin Hikaru, and the one you're hiding behind is Kaoru. What's your name?" He asks gently.
"Utagawa Nozomi..."
"You're so adorable!" He cheers, suddenly back to his normal self.
"K-Kaoru...?"
He looks underneath his arm at the girl.
"What's wrong with him...?" She whispers quietly.
Kaoru stares at her for a moment before laughing out loud. Hikaru starts laughing as well while Tamaki recedes to a corner of the alley to pout.
"Nozomi-chan, I ask myself that question every day." She giggles slightly, bringing a smile to the boys' faces. "I have a question for you though, if that's okay?"
She looks worried but nods her head anyway.
"How would you like to come stay with Hikaru and I? Atleast for a night or two, if you feel uncomfortable, you don't have to stay. We just want you to be safe."
She considers it for a moment, a battle clearly taking place in her mind. They watch as her hand drifts to her cheek where the bruise is, then her gaze goes to the end of the alley where the guys had just gotten up and walked off.
"I-I don't want to be a burden, Kaoru-kun..." She whispers finally, casting her eyes to the ground.
"You won't be. I promise. So, are you going to stay?"
She bites her chapped lip and nods. "Yes. Thank you for allowing me to stay."
"But I offered her to stay with me and she said no..." Tamaki whines.
"I don't blame her, honestly." Hikaru comments.
Kaoru rolls his eyes and leads her to the waiting limo.

A/N: Host Club to the rescue! :D