s i x: March.

"SURPRISE!"

Camila jumps up and looks at Lauren who's grinning, still holding her hand tightly.

"Holy fuck you guys!" Camila says once she finally catches her breath.

"I'll leave you to it." Lauren mumbles before walking away.

They are at Lucy's place after Lauren made up a lie and said how she has to pick up some stuff that Lucy forgot before going to Alexa's place for the night to work on their project for English class.

There was no project to do, nor there was a sleepover at Alexa's place. But there was a surprise birthday party for a young Cuban-Mexican girl who just turned sixteen; Lauren of course being the one who planned it out.

She invited Dinah and Jaz and a few other people that were close with Camila, as well as her group of people. After all, it was Lucy's place.

"There you are."

Laurens stops her conversation with Alexa before looking at Camila.

"Dinah said you're the one to blame for this." Camila smirks

"I'll leave you two to deal with this on your own. Good luck Jauregui."

"I am actually. I just-you said you've never had a birthday party, I'm giving you one."

"Why?"

"Why? Because, everyone should have a birthday party at least once."

"Lo-"

"Do you like it? I didn't want to invite too many people but I also didn't really know who to invite so I just let Jaz to do the job, Dinah had no idea up until a few hours ago."

Camila lets out a soft chuckle. "Of course, otherwise I would've known already."

"Exactly."

"I love it, you know? Thank you."

Camila takes a few steps forward and pulls Lauren into a tight hug.

"You're welcome. Are you drinking anything?"

"Not yet. Make me something."

Lauren nods before giving her the cup she was holding.

"I just made it a few moments ago, you can take mine, I'll make myself another one."

It isn't the fact that Lauren gave her a drink, but the fact she gave her her drink Lauren, the person who won't share her drinks or food with anyone, gave Camila her own cup.

"And what is our poison of choice tonight?"

"Whisky-Coke, as always. If you don't like it, I'll make something else for you."

Honestly, Camila has never even tried it, except for New Year's Eve when she tasted it on Lauren's lips.

"I like it." She says as she takes a sip

She's staring at Lauren's lips and licking her own and for a moment Lauren asks herself if Camila is still talking about the drink. She gulps and doesn't dare to ask.

Two drinks later and Camila can feel alcohol buzzing through her system, so she decides to take a seat down.

It doesn't take long before she feels someone sitting down next to her. She knows that perfume and she knows who wears it.

"Do you like her?" Camila questions

"Do I like whom?"

"Lauren. I-I know about you two."